19 replies to this topic

#1 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

My son is registered for t-ball (this is his first time).

We were told months ago that the seaon would start this week, possibly on Tues & Thurs. We were supposed to get a game schedule, but haven't received anything.

Does anyone else in South Windsor have their child enrolled? I've been emailing the registration person for 2 weeks, and I haven't heard anything back! I'm just a little bit peeved and would like to be able to plan my week!

#2 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

i just got an email tonight

#3 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

i just got an email tonight

SEASON INFORMATION

Start Date: Week of May 7-13, 2012

Soccer Location
Fogolar Furlan Windsor
1800 North Service Rd
Windsor, ON N8W 1Y3

Coaches are to contact player families May 4-6 regarding uniforms and schedule.

Due to time constraints in the starting of the soccer season and in the event that a coach has not contacted your family , please report to the Fogolar Furlan Club on your designated game night and time . Please ensure that your children are ready and prepared with soccer shoes and shin guards.

#4 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

I was actually posting about Little League, not soccer.

But someone ended up contacting me today, and I got the info a needed. Thanks anyways!

#5 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Oops sorry I thought that was what it was called... can you tell i'm not a sports person? LOL

#6 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Is it Windsor South Canadians or Windsor South? There are two neighboring little league organizations. My daughter is in tball in the Windsor South Canadian League and I just found out who her coach is last night and will get our schedule tonight i hope (our first practice is tonight. I believe there was a mixup with the scheduling which caused a delay.

#7 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

You are just starting your outdoor practices? Our league offically started games last night but of course they were rained out.

#8 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

He's with Windsor South. We finally got a schedule last night, and first practice is tonight.

I'm not sure what colour I'm supposed to buy for pants though. I could only find a grey pair, so that's what I bought. Do they get their shirts at their first game???

#9 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

I believe all little leagues wear the grey pants unless they are the all star team. When we were with Windsor West, it was grey pants or shorts for the girls softball teams. I know Windsor Central also wears grey pants

#10 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

I think white or grey are acceptable.

He should get a ball cap and shirt at his first practise and he should be able to keep those. Usually in tball- you don't need cleats- just running shoes are ok. Some even have baseball bags but i didn't do that until my kids did all stars...

Meijers in the states has had white pants before, only $20 i think...

#11 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I ran all over town today looking for pants, and finally found just one grey pair in his size.

Tonight they said that he didn't really need the pants, but he needs a helmet instead.

I sent email after email just to get the schedule yesterday, and asked several times exactly what he needed. They kept saying just a cup & pants.

No big deal.. but I hope things are better organized for the rest of the season.

#12 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

I find it hardest at the tball level- as many of the coaches are new as well and learning the ropes. Most parents tend to move up with their kids teams, thus many new helpers at the youngest levels. I do hope it gets better. We got our cool blue hats and shirts last night. I just checked the schedule and we do play windsor south tball teams, so i guess we'll be playing you at some point. My dd is on team #5 for WSC :)My dd LOVED her coach and practice last night and did great ;)

#13 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

I find it hardest at the tball level- as many of the coaches are new as well and learning the ropes. Most parents tend to move up with their kids teams, thus many new helpers at the youngest levels. I do hope it gets better. We got our cool blue hats and shirts last night. I just checked the schedule and we do play windsor south tball teams, so i guess we'll be playing you at some point. My dd is on team #5 for WSC :)My dd LOVED her coach and practice last night and did great ;)

So you do play interlock with the other little league teams! Are you playing WW, WC or Turtle Club too?

#14 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

We (WSC) play only WS at the tball (ages 4-6) and rookie ball level(ages 7 and 8) (new this year, pitching machines- age ranges changed again, comes down from D5).

At my oldest dd's level (minor softball) we have a combined WC and WSC team of 10 girls. We play WW and TC in interlock.

#15 rwf05

rwf05

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Ah the beginning of little league. I have a rookie ball player here (windsor central). Even got one kinda game in WITH machine lol. You will find each year gets a little bit more organized. Have a fun filled season.

#16 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

I realized today what happened. I actually registered late in the season (after the formal registration night), so I think that my email wasn't passed along to the coach.

I've been getting emails this week from the coach, so all is good.

SuperMel, I think we might have played against you today :) We are blue team #11. Were you @ the Fun Day today?

#17 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Nope, we played an orange team yesterday- but i think we played a lighter blue team last thursday at vets#3??

#18 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Nope, not us. We play mainly at Central School.

#19 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

must be a few blues! :)

#20 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

I heard from somone else there is also a Navy blue team? I guess you run out of colours if you have 12+ teams!