9 replies to this topic

#1 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

The vet recommended one for Sadie for thunderstorms before we started medicating her for her anxiety. It was the best 40 bucks I have ever spent for the animals!

She is like a totally different dog when there is a storm! It doesn't make her anxious in the least bit! I would recommend trying one if your pet has anxiety!

#2 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

I was desperate one thunderstorm for Moose and his constant barking and shaking, that I grabbed one of his blankets, sat him on the couch and "burrito" wrapped him like I did the kids and lo-and-behold he quieted down. Then I read about the Thundershirts and wish I had the extra money for one. I have not bought a toddler-sized onsie and put that on the Moose when there is a storm coming in. DH just laughs, but has to agree that it is a lot better for everyone involved.

Thanks for the recommendation and I will now be saving up for one.

#3 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

and what is it?

#4 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

http://www.thundersh...tReturning.aspx

It's a shirt that wraps around them tight, and uses pressure points to ease their anxiety.

Stacey, I got mine at petsmart and saved on the shipping!

#5 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I need to get one of these for my little cat (just saw on the website they have cat ones lol) but I would use it more often for her as she is just always so scared and it's sad when she gets that anxiety.

#6 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

wow I'm glad you found something that worked!!! I remember how much you used to tell me about that dog and thunderstorms!

#7 amandae

amandae

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

Is there one for kids?! Lol...

#8 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Is there one for kids?! Lol...

Hee hee Just swaddle them in a blanket. make it nice and tight so they can't move. would work even for an adult lmao

#9 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up about Petsmart. I will definitely be heading there sooner than later as we had a thunderstorm roll in this morning and Moose hasn't stopped shaking YET. Poor guy :(

#10 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I have heard it does work really well..this coming from techs and nurses in the Veterinary industry.... I havent tried it myself, my pets are fine with storms...but would definitely give is a whorl it needed.