3 replies to this topic

#1 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Do you make your family dinner when you work afternoons??

#2 LoveMyKids2

LoveMyKids2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yes, I either put a meal together in the crock pot so it will be ready for dinner time, or I will cook ahead and it just has to be heated up. With 3 kids, my husband doesnt have the time to cook for them, he is trying his hardest to kkep all 3 of them happy,lol! The least I can do is have food waiting for them kwim..

#3 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

I don't. I cook 6/7 days of the week. Thursdays I work 8am-8pm and leave DH to get dinner for himself and DD. I'm only part time and typically home by 6:30 so i make a quick dinner and we eat together. The other 5 days i don't work so i generally cook.

DH is pretty capable. He can boil water for pasta and toss a can of premade sauce. He also broils hotdogs like a badass and the man can sure make a tuna sandwich! With those skillz he and DD won't starve :p

ETA: Guess i didn't pay attn to the thread title since i don't work afternoons, just an extended dayshift on thurs, 8pm is the closest i get, but it's passed dinnertime! :p

Edited by Ellivort, 02 May 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#4 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Those nights are called "Fend for Yourself Nights". Kids (ages 12 and 15) actually love it as they get to eat pogos, grill cheese, lean cuisines, etc (things that are are easy and they can do themselves with little to no mess after).

I had tried to put dinner in the crock-pot, but it was just too much work.

Edited by tabbs, 18 May 2012 - 12:45 PM.