4 replies to this topic

#1 LoveMyKids2

LoveMyKids2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

I am not one that needs to be coddled(sp?) or constantly praised, but here is my issue i guess you could say....I was called and asked to come back early from maternity leave because they really needed someone to take control of store that had been spiraling down the tubes....after a lot of thought I decided to go back a month early. So in feb I went back to work to run one store that is part of a group of 11. So, I go into this newly renovated store, and in 3 months I have increased sales by 16%, service is fast, accurate and friendly, labor is under by a minimum of 20hrs every week and my inventory/variance is the best this store has ever seen! I've decreased stock on hand but never ever run out of product, and customer complaints are non-existent now. So do you think that once, just once my boss would say 'good job' or 'keep up the good work' all the while I am training someone to be an assistant manager. I am working my tail off to get this store running like a fine tuned machine. It would be nice to hear just once, then I wouldn't care if I ever heard it again,lol
thanks for the vent :)

#2 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, I think you deserve a pat on the back! I can understand how you would feel under-appreciated.

At least you know, at the end of the day, that you have given it 100%!

#3 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Yes. Cuz he's a man. :D

Congrats on doing an awesome job!!!!

#4 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Sounds like you're doing an amazing job. It would be nice to hear it from him though. Some men are just asses lol
Keep up the great work, they're lucky to have you!

#5 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

GREAT JOB!!! Let us working mom's give you that pat on the back.