14 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Any vacation plans for the summer? Where would you go?

#2 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

We are planning on a trip to a few places: Niagara Falls and Niagara on the lake, toronto, maybe a camping trip for a week in august. Its hard to get away in the summer for us because thats our busy season but we are going to try really hard this year.

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

we are going to try to go camping this year for a few days. Ds has been wanting to go. We didn't get the chance last year as I was in school all summer

#4 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

We have too much going on this summer (moving, new baby) to get away much past quick weekend trips this summer. My ILs have a cottage up North (Midland) and DH will likely go with the kids for a bit, but that's about it.

One summer soon I'd love to go back to PEI for a bit :)

#5 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

I wish.

#6 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

We're camping as much as we can.

#7 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

My kids will be going camping for a week or two with my mom at some point this week and if I can get someone trustworthy to watch my pets and hubby can get some time off work to coincide with when our kids are with my mom, then I'd like to go somewhere with hubby for at least a few days. We're really hoping to get to WDW this year, just before Christmas, so we're saving up for that and won't be doing any big summer vacations this year for that reason.

#8 creative mama

creative mama

No turning back now

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

We'll likely do some day trips and then a weekend at Toronto to visit the zoo. I was thinking about doing a weekend at a nearby campsite too for a first time camp trip.

#9 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I plan on Niagara falls with my girls to Marine Land for a wknd next mth. August we are hoping to go back to the cottage on Algonquin lake for a wk. We go to Boblo Island and Pelee quite often with my g/f and their big boat as we can sleep on the boat or Islands. Plus we will have a wknd in the states again. March break we go to Florida for a wk. woo hoo its going to be our best year yet.

Edited by ~Tracy~, 04 May 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#10 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

July we're heading to Huntsville (muskoka area) to camp at Arrowhead for 8 nights. The rest of the summer will be day trips to Eariou for swimming. Possibly some weekend camping may happen as well...but I'll be pretty pregnancy by the summer, so it'll be hit and miss whether or not more camping is in the agenda.

#11 Carrie

Carrie

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

We plan on going to toronto for 2 weeks, but my husband can only get a week off so he will leave me and the kids in the big city for the 2nd week.  I think he's going to take the train back, seems the cheapest mode of transportation.  that way i can have the truck.  i think we are going to buy the "city pass" because the kids want to go to cn tower and zoo.

#12 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

The city passes are a great way to see a lot of local attractions. We got passes in Niagara Falls, it kept us busy for quite a while and not too expensive. I hope you guys have a lot of fun.

#13 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

So far I'm only planning "field trip Fridays". I generally don't work Friday, he's only with me every other weekdend and I'm still extremely broke. So, we're just doing day trips as cheaply as possible.

I do hope to go visit my mom in London for a few days too and we'll do a few things around there.

#14 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not much with the baby coming anytime in the next couple of weeks. I did purchase a golf weekend for dad for the end of August though. We're all going but only dad is golfing lol

#15 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yes, I agree. With the baby due on Monday, I'm hoping a trip to Met Hospital is in my very near future! Hopefully we do get to venture out as a family a couple times on the weekends through the summer, but we are planning a week long trip to Florida is February. We haven't been on an actual vacation since summer of 2010 before my son was born, so I'm really looking forward to it.