6 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

When do you do your cleaning? Morning or afternoon?

#2 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

I try to clean when the kids are both sleeping so usually around mid-day, but really I tidy all day long, lol.

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I clean daily as needed which involves dusting, using the mini vac, dishes etc....I do a big clean on Wed and Sun usually starting around 2 and ending aound 7 and that involves my massive OCD wipe down everything, sweep, central vac, mop etc...

#4 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

I try to have the house tidied by 10 on weekdays, on Sundays i'm a little slower. Wed is a more heavy duty cleaning typically starts around 11 when hubby is up to keep the toddler occupied. Saturday is the big cleaning day, but i usually start later, around 1ish when DD is napping. Saturday is the day i do my floors, clean the playroom, do laundry etc. All of which are much easier without a toddler in tow! :)

I always HAVE to have my house tidied early in the day, like i said before 10. Tidying just involves sweeping as needed, dishes in the dishwasher, counters and sink clean and vacuuming the area rug as needed. I do these things through the day, but tend to get a lil lazier at night, so first thing int he morning i'll clean up what i didn't do in the evening. I dont worry much about toys left out, since putting them away just means DD will take them back out. But the actual dirt I am always sure to clean that up early or it gets on my nerves and I can't relax.

#5 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

My house has to be tidy before bed. I sweep after dinner everynight, and the foyer, lr, dr. Large cleaning is usually on the weekend. Laundry a few times a week.

#6 turtle'smom

turtle'smom

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

My house has to be tidy before bed. I sweep after dinner everynight, and the foyer, lr, dr. Large cleaning is usually on the weekend. Laundry a few times a week.

This exactly! I don't like going to bed knowing there is still untidy things upstairs!!

#7 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

I got into the habit of cleaning after my son was in bed. Slowly over the years as my son got older and was in school I would clean during the day but not laundry or vaccuuming because I don't like using that much power during the day. Laundry and vaccuumong are still saved for after dinner cleaning and major cleaning is still done on the weekends.