8 replies to this topic

#1 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

One of the accusations in this rumor about me is I have given medical information to people and have caused the death of pets.

My question....Can anyone find a time I gave medical information without saying "contact your vet" in some manner? Any time I have given advice as a Vet tech instead of a "friend with experience"?

I really try to not give actual medical advice. That is improper and against my professional standards. I have been wracking my brain trying to find an instance where I gave advice that has hurt a pet alone killed a pet...Especially when I thought that pet needed medical treatment. I will say "I think X may be the problem" but, I think I always say "talk to your vet"....am I wrong? Have I hurt a pet here?

I know I have contradicted advice given by others when I felt that advice was improper. I have given examples of what I have done with my own pets and what I seen sometimes at work. I don't think I have given misleading information or said "do this".

Sorry......this is REALLY bothering me. It is one of the reasons I can no longer offer my opinions. I wish I didn't have to stop but, I do. I still don't believe it is anyone on m2m. M2M is one of the very few places I offer advice though. It is because I trust people on here and want to help.

A good friend of mine is trying to get her hands on the email that was sent. I have also messaged a few of my acquaintances in some of the local rescue groups and my friends involved in pure-bred dog show and obedience. I have 2 people involved with rescue organizations helping me track down who is doing this. Tomorrow I will be pursuing more avenues.

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

I really hope you find out who is doing this. I know I did not ask for medical advice but the advice you did give me on training was awesome and I thank you for it. If a pet did die I doubt it was b/c of anything you said. People need to know advice over the internet is just that, it is not the gospel and people should have enough common sense to speak to a vet who can physical see the animal

#3 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

It is probably someone looking for a scape goat...only hearing what they wanted to hear, being ashamed b/c they knew better but didnt do the right thing to prevent their pets death.... we all know the right thing...if you pet is sick...GO to the vet....if you are sick ...GO to the doctor...if your kids are sick...Take them to the doctor.. Its not rocket science. I have worked with you for 6 years and not once heard you say anything that may cause a pet to suffer. Whom ever started it should be ashamed of themselves.... grow a set and deal with their own mistakes. It is sad how today's society wont own up to anything they do wrong, they blame everyone else but themselves.

#4 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

That's awful that someone is spreading rumours and lies about you. You've helped me out a couple times in the past with my pets and I was very appreciative, but I remember you very clearly telling me one time when I talked to you that your advice was just that, advice, and that it wasn't "official medical information" so to speak. I still appreciated the information you shared and the time you took to help me and my pets out.

#5 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

It psses me off because the majority of people who come on a forum or public site seeking medical info for a pet already know that a vet is the only one who can 100% offer true advice or diagnosis regardless of their professional affiliations or experience. People can share personal experience regarding treatment, cost, service etc... when dealing with a like situation, same applies to professionals who work in a pet related field, but to go out and a) risk someone career and b) make such malicious claims is just ridiculous and completely ignorant IMO. I hope you figure out who it is and have the book thrown at them. I would be seeking legal consult regarding slander and libel which could very well damage your reputation and affect you personally and professionally. I truly feel for you going through this. I would be livid!

#6 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Thanks all...Vals. I am, at this point planning on legal action. I also don't think the person quite understands who they are dealing with. I may not be "involved" with rescues but, I know a lot of people who are. I also am active in the dog training and showing community around here. I don't think this person knows how intertwined these 2 groups of people are and that if you mess with one of us you may be messing with the rest. I know a lot more people than most realize. This is the type of thing that even some of my more distant acquaintances will step up and help me with!

#7 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'm sorry someone is doing this to you. I hope you find out who it is and it gets sorted out for you. From your posts I do see that you are very caring towards animals.

#8 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

((hugs)) oh that really bites!! Best wishes getting it all sorted through and resolved!! And I know what you mean about the dog people community.... LOL! I've certainly met some really interesting people through my brother's basenji's... LOL!!

#9 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thanks all...Vals. I am, at this point planning on legal action. I also don't think the person quite understands who they are dealing with. I may not be "involved" with rescues but, I know a lot of people who are. I also am active in the dog training and showing community around here. I don't think this person knows how intertwined these 2 groups of people are and that if you mess with one of us you may be messing with the rest. I know a lot more people than most realize. This is the type of thing that even some of my more distant acquaintances will step up and help me with!

This area has a huge rescue ring and we are ALL intertwined, not just rescue groups, but veterinarians, pet educators, trainers, clinic employees, pet supply retailers and registered breeders. Its definitely not a group you want to start a battle with or make false allegations about.