10 replies to this topic

#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

I'm extremely frustrated and feel like I just wasted a crap load of time and money to get nowhere.

Ive spent the entire day calling around all the unemployment help centers enquiring about free placement, but there are none. None of the doctors offices seem to offer it without it being set up through school and the hospital seems to only hire students for placement. I can find work and am about to take a cleaning job and go back to school in September because apparently there are over 100 new graduates in the medical office field in our area and the job market is now considered "over saturated" :(

The only other option is to drive up to London Sunday night and come home home Friday evenings - my friend said I can live with her until I find work in Windsor again, but this seems extreme.

Im frustrated that I was lied to by the school administrator and am now stuck with an education that is offering me zero opportunity. Ive been job hunting since November and am still unemployed.

Is there anywhere that will take in a trainee? Ive been looking at both community clinics and veterinary, but finding nada!

i just to cry :(

#2 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

:(

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Did you do placement anywhere?

I hope things turn around for you.

#3 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

They didnt offer us placement and did virtual office instead. Placement looks so much better on a resume.

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Maybe the Teen Health Centre or the Health Unit?

#5 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

:(

#6 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

I know how you feel - I also have med office and no job from it. I worked at Sutherland for awhile after which was not a good fit for me in the least.

The best opportunity actually came after I had already moved, unfortunately I couldn't make it work 6 months pregnant with dp living in Deep River - I actually wish I would have tried for it and attempted to make it work, I am starting to get home sick.

#7 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Spent another day calling around and basically Im being tols the same thing over and over. Im making an appointment with unemploymemt help since they said they can help find employment. Prospective students shoud be informed tht their chosen course is nw part of the second time careers curriculum so they can choose soneting else and avoid this mess. That program is actually creating more unemployment issues :(

#8 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

yeah, when I went to the unemployed help center to ask about second career they tried to push me into med office. I actually laughed at them. Second career will only pay for 2yr courses now....joke!

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

#9 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

I will ask tomorrow if I can have a student. I have no idea if this is something he does or not though. Will pm you after I get an answer.

#10 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks. I feel a bit like Debbie Downer this week :( its hard to positive when people keep delivering negative feedback.

#11 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

It certainly is hard to be positive when your experiencing setbacks. Hang in there...I'm sure something will come up. I know easier said then done. Been keeping my eyes open for you.