7 replies to this topic

#1 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Who is the money manager in your house? Who deals with all the companies (phone, cable..etc)?
Who deals with the school?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

I deal with it all. It is like pulling teeth to get dh to call a company. I think he likes me doing it because I am not afraid to rip them a new one if something isn't right lol

#3 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Sadly and stressfully it falls on me to be the financial manager of the house. I fear for what would happen if it was in the hands of hubby lol. He's way too relaxed!

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Nick deals mostly with that stuff because I dont like strangers, talking on the phone or confrontation lol he's a very personable person and had no issues talking to anyone and I'm very reserved.

#5 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Me. Since T is mine I deal with anything to do with him.

Money is my "responsibility". I give BF 1-3 days to buy what he needs after pay day then transfer his money into "my" account. From there I pay our bills and transfer the few remaining dollars to a rainy day account (that gets cleared out every fall/winter when he is laid off)

#6 Crafty Bear

Crafty Bear

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Interesting. I'm the money and companies manager in my house too. Hubby is not a confrontational person so if there's a problem he prefers me to handle it.

#7 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Sadly me, I HATE phones but he insists I am good at it. He tends to ask me random stupid questions until I get frustrated & make the call. We deal with money together.

#8 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

We are a team. We share money managing responsibilities & make decisions together. I deal with day to day utilities etc but if there is a problem with a company it is often him who calls because he can be very persuasive.

As for the school, we both go to parent-teacher interviews but I am generally the one who deals directly with the teacher otherwise.