3 replies to this topic

#1 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

My husband and I are trying to decide what we should do as far as a vacation this summer. Three years ago we went to Romania for a month, two years ago we went to New Brunswick, and last year we went nowhere since we had an infant and I was on mat leave. There are some options we've thought of, but I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas.

1. Pennsylvania - go to Sesame Place, Hands on House (?), Hershey Factory (?) - the downside is the cost and length of travel
2. Daytona, FL - stay at family's rental condo, do ? - the downside is the length of travel and overall cost considering we really won't be doing much once we're there (ex. Disney is out of the question at this point), also it will be hot
3. Winnipeg - Visit my friend who lives there and ? - the trip is the same length as Florida, so it seems like Florida would be more of a "vacation"
4. Stay home and do a different day trip every day (like maybe alternate a close place one day with somewhere within an hour or two the next but sleep at home)
5. ???

So far I'm not ecstatic about any of the options I've come up with. That's why I'm putting it out there. What do you think? We also do want to spend as little as possible and Nico is almost 20 months old. TIA

#2 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

I know you don't want to spend a lot but I'd be tempted to go to a zoo (toledo or detroit), maybe greenview, & a few other adventures. Soak city would be fun - dd had a blast there last summer. I'm trying to convince dp we should do African Lion Safari somehow on our way to Windsor in August & maybe the detroit zoo. Our problem is time - we only have 12 days, 2 are spent traveling (it was an 11hr drive last time we did it) and we are going for a family reunion so we have to hang out with family through the whole thing.

#3 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

I agree there is a ton if stuff with in a 3 hour drive of here. Port Stanley is a 2 hour drive the beach hotel is less than $120/night for ac weekend $78/night sun through thurs. lots of outdoor fun and tons of little shops to poke around in. Greenview, jack miners, John r park homestead, storybook gardens etc are all well with in day trip range.

#4 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

What about an all-inclusive resort in Cuba? I was pricing things out for 3 adults and 2 children (2 and 7 yrs) for Jan., and forgot to change the date of travel, so I got prices for June and July....and WOW was it amazing! For under $400 per person (children under 14 stay for free at some resorts), you get your room, air fare, etc for that price....and the plane is only 3-3.5 hrs there. Your toddler may also be free for air fare too if he/she is under 2 yrs.
Either that or go camping for a week or so at one of the gorgeous provincial parks. I paid $300 for 8 nights for 5 people (same people as above) at Arrowhead for next month.