3 replies to this topic

#1 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hubby and I are taking a quiet break from busy life to stay at a B&B in Kingsville (i didn't want to be too far if DD reacts badly to being away from us, lol. This is our test drive)

We're looking for some couple oriented activities, good restaurants, maybe some mini golf or hidden gems to enjoy as a couple. I checked out Kingsville's tourism site, but it wasn't really helpful.

I'd love to hear from those who live in Kingsville.

What does downtown kingsville have to offer?

We're open to scenic and nature activities as well as some dining and other activities.

Thanks!

#2 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

Food wise, I recommend Jacks' Gastropub and Koi Sushi. Things to do though ... Peele Island winery tour? There's one on the island, but the other one is in Kingsville and we've done that tour a few times. Sometimes they have entertainment there at night too. I honestly can't think of anywhere for mini golf or anything - Colasanti's is nearby and they have mini golf. There is a driving range in town though (and golf course). There is a really nice beach at the park, and a walking trail.

Have a fun get away!!

#3 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

I've been wanting to take the ferry to Pelee island and do the winery tour and I also heard there's a nice tasting/picnic area on the winery. I think you can also rent bikes there.

If you don't want to make the extra travel to the island, why not just head over to Leamington and visit Point Pelee? It's not far at all.

#4 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

I've been wanting to go to the island for the winery too ... maybe one day (though, we've been saying that for 7+ years now).