28 replies to this topic

#1 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

Member for almost 2 years

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Ok so I thought I would Post seperate as to WHY we are moving.
It would be THE NEIGHBOUR. We live in a duplex "he" lives upstiars and we're downstairs. We share the backyard and basement, which we had no problem with until we lived here for a few months.

When ever we mention something to him like " picking up his dog poop" He throws an attitude and slams the doors. There are 8 piles of dog s*** in the backyard right now. I REFUSE to take my daughter back there util it is cleans up. You wanna know what he does with it? He keeps it in a garbage can in the backyard. Its just sitting there fermenting... its discusting! Another issue? He woke us all up one morning with his t.v. BLASTING. I couldnt get a hold of him for an hour and a half... then you know what he says to hubby? " I don't complain about your daughter running around or crying, I don't complain about this or that". Then he calls us "YOUS PEOPLE".
ALWAYS reminding us of how he has lived here for 10 or so years as if he rules the fricken place and what he says goes.
We have to share the hallway too... he keeps his bike there which makes it very difficult to get through.

His dog has chewed a few of my daughters toys that were in the backyard and he didn't replace them. My vase broke on the front porch when he let someone elses dogs stay there until they got them, didn't replace that..nor did he mention what happened to it. Like do I tell him to replace those toys and the vase or just leave it? :angry

Hes great at keeping up with the yard and the garbage but Im HAPPY we are leaving. I can't deal with this guy no more! Would you say anything to him>? What would it be>?

#2 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

I would take it up with the landlord... You're obviously not getting anywhere with him. And he can't be great at keeping up with the yard or garbage when there is dog poop in the yard and in a garbage bag on the porch... So if you were staying, I would have talked to the landlord before letting it get this far.

At this point, I would probably say nothing to him. Just move and be done with it.He has made no efforts to replace your items, and by talking to him and asking him to do so it doesn't sound like he would. Cut your losses and be done with it.

That's just me though.

#3 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Don't leave your stuff outside, anything can happen to it.

#4 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

I would take it up with the landlord... You're obviously not getting anywhere with him. And he can't be great at keeping up with the yard or garbage when there is dog poop in the yard and in a garbage bag on the porch... So if you were staying, I would have talked to the landlord before letting it get this far.

At this point, I would probably say nothing to him. Just move and be done with it.He has made no efforts to replace your items, and by talking to him and asking him to do so it doesn't sound like he would. Cut your losses and be done with it.

That's just me though.

Trust me hun, I've told the landlord. I was so angry that I was shaking and practically in tears. She said she'd talk to him and She was happy I told her BUT heres the twist... she has been friends with him since she was 15 years old. When ever she talks to him, he cuffs an attitude with us.

#5 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

This is what I thought.

#6 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

This is what I thought.

I know Lesson learned. We left it out there for an hour cuz we planned on going back out. ugh

#7 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

I think you need to move out and forget about it. Nothing you can do. They are friends, he's an ass and you learned your lesson.

#8 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

I wouldn't bother saying anything now that you are moving. No point is causing yourself extra stress

#9 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have a clean up pail in my yard that I toss the dog piles into. It has a bag in it then once a week (when I remember) it goes in the big can.

I had an upper apt in a house once. The downstairs was rented out also. When we moved in we were told we had access to the yard for T to play in and for us to take the dog in. At first we didn't have the dog and We did use the yard for T sometimes. After a few months I brought my dog to the house. For the first 2 mo she was there we took her in the back yard to potty. to the same place and picked up every time. Then we would let her and T play in the yard. then the people downstairs got a dog. They didn't clean up after it. They would wait until I had my dog in the yard then let their puppy out. Then whenever I had T in the yard they would let the dog out. Basically they were "telling" us we shouldn't be using "their" yard (that the landlord and a neighbour said they never used until we started to!).

I decided it wasn't worth the arguments. I just started taking my dog for walks to potty. I had T play out on the front porch and took him to the park instead of in the backyard. I knew where we were was not a permanent place anyway. We started looking for another place very shortly after the people downstairs became jerks.

#10 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well no wonder he acts and talks like that. His friend is his landlord. I'd move and forget all about it.

#11 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Just move on. There is no point in being spiteful- it only makes YOU look bad

#12 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

why are you looking for dueplex again

#13 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

A side by side with a separte backyard and all... Not one like this place.

#14 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

A side by side with a separte backyard and all... Not one like this place.

Most duplexes share backyards.

Edited by Jen.Uh.Fur, 08 July 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#15 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

that is what i through jen
why not try to find a house on its own :)

#16 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

if you want privacy you are going to need to look for a house on it's own. No one is doing to have a duplex with split yards. You could probably find something decent in your price range

#17 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

If I'm not mistaken there are duplexes with split backyards by Devonshire mall.. That's not the area you talked about though.. I'm talking near st Christopher's grade school

#18 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

what about a townhouse? I know there are lots in the east end area

#19 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Oh.. Maybe I was thinking townhouse.. I always get the two messed up!

#20 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

that's why I threw out the townhouse idea. Not sure if that is what she meant. Duplex to me is a single family home that was split up, which is why I dont think you woudl find a private backyard in that

#21 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I live in a side by side duplex & we both have our own separate fenced in yards - but I am in Deep River - not too sure how common they are in Windsor.

#22 Ali

Ali

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Not sure if there are any available but I know someone by Canadian Tire in the East end who lives in a duplex with their own fenced in yard.

#23 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

I live in a side by side duplex & we both have our own separate fenced in yards - but I am in Deep River - not too sure how common they are in Windsor.

This is what we have in LaSalle. I thought they were more the norm. There are some on Jefferson, some off of Banwell, and a bunch in South Windsor. I'm sure that list is not exhaustive. Mind you I have no idea how many are rented since we own ours, but even in our neighborhood there is the odd one that is rented.

#24 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

When we lived in a side by side we had separate back yards. it's not unheard of.
Hope you find something!

#25 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

Nothing much you can do about the neighbour, but my suggestion would be to write up a very detailed, professional letter to the landlord ((leave the anger/emotion out)) so they know it is this idiots fault that you're leaving. In a city that has such a high vacancy rate, landlords are losing a lot of money by letting a perfectly good unit sit vacant!!

It's just a matter of hitting them where it hurts!!
\
And photograph EVERYTHING the day you leave!! This way they can't come back on you for damages you did not create!! ((learned that lesson the hard way!))

#26 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

You're looking for a semi-detached. Not sure how common they are in Windsor. Tons in Sarnia where I grew up, and pretty much all had separate back yards.

#27 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

This place is not near St. Christopher and I haven't read your prior posts. But I lived in a townhouse and we DIDN'T have our own yard. We had a section behind our house, and they werent fenced off so people could walk through. The place was a dump so we moved and got a house, its smaller but nicer and way better area. I agree with everyone else, just keep your stuff inside and don't say anything, your moving anyways. Good Luck!

#28 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Ok so lastnight the neighbour took our wet bedding out of the dryer.. threw it on the floor to put 1 towel in there that literally smelled like Dirty Wet Rag. Ya im sure everyone knows that smell, it stunk up the whole dryer. Like why??? I dont get this guy.
Anyway we ended up going to the "in laws" to dry our items.

#29 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

WOW that's terrible. I see why you want to get the heck out of there for sure! A side by side or semi-detatched usually has its own yard... an up and down duplex is shared and townhouses usually don't have a yard or have a very small area before the common grounds. Good luck finding a place!!!