http://www.workingmo...-work-home-jobs

#2 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

sorry, but I'm calling BS on this..... 1/2 these would not cut it as work at home jobs.... yes you can take work home with you, and set your own schedule - but CEO, c'mon now!!

#3 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

sorry, but I'm calling BS on this..... 1/2 these would not cut it as work at home jobs.... yes you can take work home with you, and set your own schedule - but CEO, c'mon now!!

It is quite possible for a CEO to be able to work from home or car or vacation or the other side of the world.

#4 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

It is quite possible for a CEO to be able to work from home or car or vacation or the other side of the world.

yes.... but not in the sense the tone of the article took.... the amount of time a CEO (or any of the other Senior Positions listed) would need to put in at the office is more or less up to them, but "typically" it's a hefty requirement!!

#5 mom2spiritedboys

mom2spiritedboys

Just getting started

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

My brother is a CEO of an internet based company and works at least 95% of the time from home. he also is primary caretaker of his children.

#6 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

My job is in there :) Ive worked from home for the last year and though I miss the office somedays there's a lot of perks to working from home.

#7 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

yes.... but not in the sense the tone of the article took.... the amount of time a CEO (or any of the other Senior Positions listed) would need to put in at the office is more or less up to them, but "typically" it's a hefty requirement!!

I think it totally depends on the size/type of the company! I believe that MOST CEO really can't do all they would like to do from home. I would actually be surprised if a CEO of an internet company or non chain smaller local type company didn't work mostly from home. Not likely that a CEO of a Fortune 500 company works 90% of the time from home--but that is just a guess on my part!

#8 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I disagree. A company could be quite successful without a brick-and-mortar office, and then all employees and even the CEO would work from home or wherever they choose to.

#9 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Interesting opinions from all!

With new technology being created daily(webinars, online payments, e-meetings, e-mails, paperless documents, shared servers, etc) I think the future of many jobs will change...giving people many more options to work from home.

This is GREAT for working moms and dads.

There are still going to be some times that you will need human representation, but I think it will be less and less as time goes on.