3 replies to this topic

#1 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

So, typically I am more SAHM than WAHM as I was only working part-time, but all this summer my colleague has been dealing with some family issues and has taken a ton of time off. Great for the paycheck but I'm finding now that with working 40 hours a week, when I get to the weekend, all I want to do is the minimum to tidy the house an the rest is spent relaxing and playing with DD.

When I look at the to do list I feel immensely guilty! Does everyone experience this? or am I just super lazy!?

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

OMG....when I'm NOT working my house is a mess! When I am it looks like a tornado came through.

Housework can wait. Your DD will grow faster than you can imagine. She won't remember if the house was clean or even that you worked a lot. She will remember the time spent with her. If you did spend all your home time "working" she would remember that all you ever did was work.

Some of my ODS best memories from growing up were summers I worked a lot but, spent my home time with him. He doesn't remember me working 45hrs a week. He remembers the day trips we took on my days off. He remembers the water fights we had in the backyard.

Guilt is normal. All you can do is your best and hope it is enough.

#3 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

yes, housework can wait. delegate will also help. a cleaning lady may also be a solution.

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

yes, housework can wait. delegate will also help. a cleaning lady may also be a solution.

This is something I wanted to do when I was working a lot also. Only had somebody come in once but, it did help a lot!