3 replies to this topic

#1 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

I haven't ordered through Zulily previously and I haven't tried these diapers, but I saw them today on Zulily when I was looking for Lego stuff so I figured I'd give a heads-up to those who are still cloth-diapering. The maker is Charlie Banana. I'm not familiar with them, but the style looks similar to many other pocket diapers.

Charlie Banana Diapers

ETA: Type in "Charlie Bean Diapers" in the search at the top if it doesn't come up automatically.

If anybody has ordered from zulily before, I'd love to hear how it went. What shipping method do they use and what is the shipping cost like? I want to order some lego stuff, but if they ship UPS or Fedex the brokerage won't be worth it. It says DHL for most pkgs. on their site, which is usually only a $7 brokerage/handling charge which is okay if the order is big enough, but for a small order it wouldn't be worth it probably, depending on the price of things if purchased CDN side.

Edited by emmsmama, 27 July 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

I did a quick google search and it looks like the Charlie Bean diapers get really great reviews, but the price on Zulily doesn't look good at all. If you order from a Canadian site the 6-pk. runs around $100-110. There's even a maple leaf print diaper, so cute!

#3 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

I have ordered from Zulily once or twice but found s&h to be pricey and it took a LONG time and things didn't come all at once. I found it too annoying to be searching through their stuff too, takes long time. This vs babysteals or kidsteals where I have ordered often, prices & s&H are usually not too bad and usually the stuff comes fairly quick with no issues. I have heard of those diapers but as you said, you could probably find them cheaper at a Canadian online store - and there are many to comparison price, many with free shipping if over a certain amount.

#4 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

I have ordered from Zulily once or twice but found s&h to be pricey and it took a LONG time and things didn't come all at once. I found it too annoying to be searching through their stuff too, takes long time. This vs babysteals or kidsteals where I have ordered often, prices & s&H are usually not too bad and usually the stuff comes fairly quick with no issues. I have heard of those diapers but as you said, you could probably find them cheaper at a Canadian online store - and there are many to comparison price, many with free shipping if over a certain amount.

Yep, when I google searched I found 3 sites with similar pricing. Also, the lego stuff I was looking at was only 10 cents more on a CDN site with free shipping. It sounds like ordering from zulily often isn't worth it.