7 replies to this topic

#1 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

So, one of my babies..."Baby" is sick. She hasn't eaten well in a couple of weeks. My dad figured that a)the heat was making her not hungry and/or b) she was coming into season. Well, today her eyes looked sunken in so my dad took her temp. She has a fever. He called me to call our vet and meet him there. BUT, today is T's BD. If it is something bad I don't want him to be there. I don't want him worried/upset on his BD!

My dad will call me when he talks to Dr ken so I know what is going on. We think she may have a pyometeria. She may not since she has been feeling unwell for so long. Usually pyo will develop quickly and the dog will die, if left untreated, within a few days. So, it may be something else. I don't know what else it "could" be though. We don't tend to have kidney or liver issues with our dogs. But, cancer is not out of the question we lost her grandmother on each side to cancer. (Stomach with one, unknown tumor in the abdomen with the other). But, they were both much older than she is right now.

I am so worried about her. I haven't mentioned the other issues we are having right now but, when it rains it pours!

#2 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hugs...I hope she is ok... If you need anything let me know.... Maybe its just a bladder or kidney infection. I sure hope its not an open pyo that has been going on for some time...I have heard of that... and since you have been having issues with her heat cycle I see why he thinks its that....crossing my fingers its something simple and she is just a typical drama queen husky making it look worse then it it.

Edited by JeepMom, 27 July 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#3 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yikes! My fingers are crossed that it's not pyo. I hope you get some good news soon! *hugs*

#4 Stepmomof2

Stepmomof2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

HUGS, that is horrible. I hope its nothing untreatable and she will be ok. Keep us posted on how she is doing :(

#5 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

{{{ hugs }}} and :pray that Baby will be better quickly

#6 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I hope it's nothing serious and she's better very soon :(

#7 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

HUGS. Fingers crossed its something minor and totally treatable.

#8 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Well.....blood work came back almost normal. Calcium....a cancer indicator, low normal. But her WBC was super high. Her lymph nodes are all enlarged. That usually points to lymphoma (cancer) but, with the calcium being normal it is "less" likely. X-ray showed nothing. So, no pyo (YAY!). She went home with antibiotics and I will feel her lymph nodes in a few days. If they are down then all is OK. If not then it is likely lymphoma :( Right now it is wait and see. Can't find any reason for infection but, hopefully that is what it is.