39 replies to this topic

#36 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

I talked to the head of child life today and because she's non verbal and hard of hearing and won't really understand what is going I will be allowed into the or with her as long as the anestitst agrees and I agree to leave with a child life member once she's asleep.

#37 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I talked to the head of child life today and because she's non verbal and hard of hearing and won't really understand what is going I will be allowed into the or with her as long as the anestitst agrees and I agree to leave with a child life member once she's asleep.

I hope in your case that it works that way for you, I was told the same thing, but the child life coach left for 2 minutes, and said ill be right back, and thats the time they came for her, they wouldnt wait, and wouldnt let me go with, it was a BAD BAD situation. Dont let her leave your side to even Pee. lol
we have to do this all over again in sept, but this time she seems ok, cus its the same surgery Mommy get severy two yrs..LOL she wants to be like me.. weirdo kid...

#38 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

That's awesome! Remember the hardest part for them is usually coming out of the anaesthetic, so be prepared for her to be upset about that.

#39 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

That's awesome! Remember the hardest part for them is usually coming out of the anaesthetic, so be prepared for her to be upset about that.

I know for me, my body goes into shock when I wake up so I will definitely be watching for that. We go for our tour on the 18th and she said anything we need to go over again one on one we can do so after the tour is over. I'm just excited to get the surgery over with and get her well and put all this crap behind us. One day soon she will be able to hear and hopefully start talking.

#40 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Glad they are able to work with you!