20 replies to this topic

#1 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Looking for all inclusive vacations, whats a good site.?

#2 Emma&Ethans_mom

Emma&Ethans_mom

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

we found a really good deal for cuba on redtag.ca

#3 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

tripcentral.ca
twtravel.com
both canadian
and all local travel agents price match vacations deals.( they just have to find that package)

i love taking sunquest vacations, the flights are sooooo fun. and free champaigne :)

#4 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

We have used selloffvacations.com many times.

#5 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

You really should just go to a TA. You will get the exact same price however if something goes wrong, or you want a special request you have someone to talk to. They also have a wealth of knowledge and depending on when you are travelling you can also do a deposit now with full payment 2 months prior. Also if something happens at the resort you are going to get better service when they know youve booked through an agent.

Our last vacation a few months ago I travelled with a group of 18... I swear all I heard from them was "I told them I was travelling with my TA and ...." usually they ended up with what they were asking for. LOL Not that travelling with your TA is an option for everyone however if they know youre going to go back to a person and tell them of your experience they want you to be happier.

#6 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Have you looked at Carnival Cruise- We just booked a balcony room 6 nights (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Key West) all food included (alcohol is not) for $559.00 per person (you can get a reg cabin for $339.00). Flights were $282.00 each tax in.

I LOVE cruising!!!

#7 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

We booked 5 nights in Vegas on Vegas.com for $400/person. Sears travel couldn't come close to that deal. The cruise sounds awesome!!

#8 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Have you looked at Carnival Cruise- We just booked a balcony room 6 nights (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Key West) all food included (alcohol is not) for $559.00 per person (you can get a reg cabin for $339.00). Flights were $282.00 each tax in.

I LOVE cruising!!!

Holy cow that's a great deal! This year hubby and I want to go to WDW with the kids just before Christmas, but if we didn't have that in the works I'd be asking for more details about where you got that deal from.

#9 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

I LOVE cruising!!!

Holy cow that's a great deal! This year hubby and I want to go to WDW with the kids just before Christmas, but if we didn't have that in the works I'd be asking for more details about where you got that deal from.

Directly through the Carnival web site here's the link http://www.carnival....at=&numGuests=2

#10 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

I agree with a travel agent. A few years ago my BF and I were looking at going away to an all inclusive. After about 4 months looking on line, comparing prices and reading reviews I gave up. I called a travel agent we know and she had ideas sent to us 2 days later. The prices were no more than I had found and she knew what places were worth going to and which were not. (we wound up not going because we moved)

#11 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I LOVE cruising!!!

Directly through the Carnival web site here's the link http://www.carnival....at=&numGuests=2

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for next year. At that price another nice vacation next year should be quite doable. Food included for that price is what gets me. Just one dinner out is usually $50-100 usually, so 6 days of cruising and meals for $559 is really good.

#12 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

I LOVE cruising!!!

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind for next year. At that price another nice vacation next year should be quite doable. Food included for that price is what gets me. Just one dinner out is usually $50-100 usually, so 6 days of cruising and meals for $559 is really good.

Cruises have other costs that aren't included in the above prices. There is a daily "tip" for the stewards that is automatically charged to your account. I think I paid $15/person/day for just that, so that was $75/day added on for my family of 5. Then you need to buy a drink package. Even if all you drink is water during the entire trip, you need to buy a water package.

A cruise is still a good deal and I LOVE cruising, but be prepared for the cost to be more than what the cabin rate is.

#13 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

Cruises have other costs that aren't included in the above prices. There is a daily "tip" for the stewards that is automatically charged to your account. I think I paid $15/person/day for just that, so that was $75/day added on for my family of 5. Then you need to buy a drink package. Even if all you drink is water during the entire trip, you need to buy a water package.

A cruise is still a good deal and I LOVE cruising, but be prepared for the cost to be more than what the cabin rate is.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've never been on a cruise before so I had no idea there were all those extra fees.

#14 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I've never been on a cruise before so I had no idea there were all those extra fees.

That was one of the things we looked at. But, decided a cruise would likely cost us more since my BF likes to drink when on vacay....and on-board drinks are not cheap! I didn't see a water package, a lot of them had "free" water and soda but, anything else was costly. Some have plans you can buy though that will include everything....though I think alcohol was limited no matter what.

#15 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I LOVE cruising!!!

Cruises have other costs that aren't included in the above prices. There is a daily "tip" for the stewards that is automatically charged to your account. I think I paid $15/person/day for just that, so that was $75/day added on for my family of 5. Then you need to buy a drink package. Even if all you drink is water during the entire trip, you need to buy a water package.A cruise is still a good deal and I LOVE cruising, but be prepared for the cost to be more than what the cabin rate is.

The pre-paid tips are $11.50 per day, so yes if you're crusing with the kids (under age 5 is free for tips) its an additional cost, but I figure I would tip that much on any vacation for meals per day anyway.

Water, juice,lemonade, fruit punch, milk, coffee and tea are FREE. There is a soda pkg, and yes alcohol is not free.

Edited by LyndaSoo41, 08 August 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#16 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

We had to pay for water and any drinks, outside of what was on the buffet. We won't drink tap water, so maybe we could have got tap water for free? Fountain drinks at the buffet were free, but we did a lot of drinking outside of the buffet. Even at dinner we had to give the waiters our drink cards when the kids wanted to order sodas or waters.

#17 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

The pre-paid tips are $11.50 per day, so yes if you're crusing with the kids (under age 5 is free for tips) its an additional cost, but I figure I would tip that much on any vacation for meals per day anyway.

Water, juice,lemonade, fruit punch, milk, coffee and tea are FREE. There is a soda pkg, and yes alcohol is not free.

Dh and I don't drink, so the drinks you listed would work out fine for us. It's good to be aware of the extra costs though so that we can ask about them before we book a cruise in the future.

#18 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

well we decided to do a 1 night trip closer to home, a B&B in stratford, very nice, we are really excited, at least i think we are. it will be a nice 2 day 1 night getaway. we plan on doing some hiking, and boating, which is all on site. its $139 i think for our room for the night, with breakfest of course. we so need this right now, and if the kids need us, its only a 2 hr drive home. we won't worry as much. now to find someone to watch 3 kids, we will prob have to separate them for the night :( the oldest at a grandparents and the youngest 2 at a friends.

i'm making all the arrangments, i think we'll spend the day in stratford friday/night, then early sat afternoon head to grand bend , have dinner there then head home.... need to reasearch a little more, but i'm sure it will be really nice for our 5th yr of marriage.

#19 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

We had to pay for water and any drinks, outside of what was on the buffet. We won't drink tap water, so maybe we could have got tap water for free? Fountain drinks at the buffet were free, but we did a lot of drinking outside of the buffet. Even at dinner we had to give the waiters our drink cards when the kids wanted to order sodas or waters.

You are correct about bottled water. But water on a cruise ship is not "Tap Water" is actually de-salinated sea water that has been heated to 180F and is far safer than bottled water.

So yes, Soda, bottled water and alcohol is not free. But all else is available everywhere on the ship including room service.

#20 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

You are correct about bottled water. But water on a cruise ship is not "Tap Water" is actually de-salinated sea water that has been heated to 180F and is far safer than bottled water.

So yes, Soda, bottled water and alcohol is not free. But all else is available everywhere on the ship including room service.

You're probably right, and we are obviously getting tap water in coffee and cooking. It was really nice to have the bottles, though, and we could take them off ship with us, which helped us avoid local water.

#21 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Well we're going to stradford to a b&b motel place, its really nice, has a lake and everything, free boat and bike rentals. we're staying 1 night, then on the way home stopping in grand bend for dinner.