2 replies to this topic

#1 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Just wondering if anyone has had a Gecko for a pet? tell me the good, the bad, the ugly.....
easy to care for, run away now?????
expensive? demanding?

#2 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

I used to have a leopard gecko, I thought it was fairly easy to take care of and not overly expensive. Demanding? I didn't think so. But I did not hold mine enough when I first got it, so it was not at all friendly and holdable. It was cool to watch though. It would shed it`s skin a lot etc. But I finally found it a new home because no matter how careful you are, every once in awhile crickets would find a way to escape and I hated it. Good luck in your decision.

#3 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

I used to have a leopard gecko, I thought it was fairly easy to take care of and not overly expensive. Demanding? I didn't think so. But I did not hold mine enough when I first got it, so it was not at all friendly and holdable. It was cool to watch though. It would shed it`s skin a lot etc. But I finally found it a new home because no matter how careful you are, every once in awhile crickets would find a way to escape and I hated it. Good luck in your decision.

did you only feed it crickets? silly question do they bite? should you just keep holding them to get them comfortable?