8 replies to this topic

#1 Karen

Karen

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

I know that we have several campers on this Board so I wanted so share my family's bad experience. My husband, son and friends of ours spent 2 nights at Leisure Lake this past weekend. From start to finish, they had problems with the management. When my husband arrived on Friday to check-in, the woman in the office (he assumes is a manager) had a bad attitude. She insisted that he paid with cash without explanation(when there was a debit/ credit machine visible in the office)and when he asked where the closest bank machine was, she gave him a shrug of her shoulders and said "I don't know, I guess you'll have to go to Leamington".... The second incident was with our friend who had parked his pop-up trailer the "wrong" way (who knew that there was a wrong way?) because his electrical cord wouldn't reach the hydro hook-up. He had gotten special permission from the front office to turn his trailer to reach the plug but when this manager lady came by, she proceeded to make a scene in front of many other campers and ranted about "fire code violations" etc. When he explained that he had gotten permission from the office to turn it, she continued to shut him down and say "well if anybody complains, you are going to have to move it". At this point, they were already unimpressed with the service and dirty bathrooms. But the final incident put them over the edge. Saturday night, after dark, a golf cart full of drunk, loud adults came roaring down the street, obviously speeding, and almost ran down my husband and his friend on the way back from the bathroom. This happened IN FRONT OF THE SECURITY GUARD, and when my husband questioned the security about what he was going to do about it, he shrugged and said "Oh well, not much you can do about that"!!? For the entire visit, they felt like they were treated like unwelcome outsiders- that the management only catered to the seasonal campers. The attitude they received was unwelcoming and rude. My friend has documented all of these issues and plans to email the campground to complain. That said, I am afraid that it will likely be the rude, b*tchy woman that they dealt with all weekend who will end up receiving it! I know that some of you frequent this campground and have had better experiences, but for those of you who haven't, BE WARNED! :(

Edited by Karen, 13 August 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#2 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

Yikes!! Sorry to hear about your experience!! Note to self to stay away...

#3 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

wow thats terrible
seasonal camper or just a 1 time camper should receive the same treatment ALL are customers

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

wow thats terrible
seasonal camper or just a 1 time camper should receive the same treatment ALL are customers

ITA. My ex is seasonal there and loves it. Before we separated we camped there a few times because a friend of his was seasonal. We didn't have any issues at all. Actually one time they went well above and beyond. The pipe going to our sewer hook up was not draining. They dug it out, by hand, up to the next connection and replaced the whole pipe. We went up to say we were having an issue and there was somebody at our site in less than an hour (on a busy long weekend) BUT, the park has been sold since then and I haven't been there in about 5yrs.

Edited by Trea, 13 August 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#5 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

In all honesty it doesn't surprise me at all. We know a few people that have family that are seasonal--- just ridiculous there
sorry karen!!

#6 Rebekah

Rebekah

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

We are new to camping and we opted not going there, but went to Sturgeon Woods instead
which turned out to be an excellent experience (we interacted with quite a few seasonals)and were treated
so nicely. I heard that LL is either love or hate. Sometimes with certain campgrounds there's
such a red-neck/zero class mentality and that's something we stay far-far away from.

#7 Karen

Karen

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

We also love Sturgeon Woods and have been there many times. We were hoping to try someplace else "local" so we can do weekends close by. Needless to say, we've crossed LL off our list! LOL

#8 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Karen, they are owned by a company. Gary(the long time owner) sold it a few years back. I would research who owns it and write to them. Then you will be sure not to get the lady in the office.

#9 Karen

Karen

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Sherry!