Flying Solo with your Child(ren)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_rjblankets_*

Guest_rjblankets_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

I found a FANTASTIC deal on an all-inclusive resort in Santa Lucia for Jan. 9, even the rep. at selloffvacations couldn't believe the price of this 4 star resort. Dh informs me that he doesn't want to go to Cuba and he would rather stay home, especially since I will not budge on not bringing our 2 ds with us (aged 7 and 2 at the time of travel). Well FINE, I'll go without him :) So I've booked the resort for myself and ods while keeping dh and yds at home.

Have you ever flown solo with your child(ren) and what would you recommend to prepare ods for the flight as well as things to do during the flight....and what would you do differently/the same? Ods has never flown and I have flown only once....and I'm terrified of heights :) I ended up getting intense stomach pain just driving to the airport, but I'll be strong for my little man, especially since I know what to expect now. I will also not be bringing any electronics with us.

#2 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

i was surprised how great my kids were flying, especially the YDS. the worst was traveling with too much stuff, i stress out carrying stuff and keeping control, but if your son listens, you should be fine!