14 replies to this topic

#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Any groomer on m2m? I just bathed and groomed two dogs for the last time. My house looks like a bomb went off...lol...I would usually go to petsmart for a bath and brush out, but wondering if anyone on here is a groomer. I like supporting small businesses whenever possible.

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

She's not on m2m, but I brought my dog to Amanda's Mutt Cuts when I was in Windsor. Her place was clean, she did a great job with the grooming, and she was excellent with my dog (I had two groomers before I, thankfully, found her). 519-251-8192

#3 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Not that I know of. I had thought about it but, I hate doing it lol.

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

I use loyal companions on Tecumseh rd w

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

I do it myself for our Yorkie but the first time I made a mess out of him, he looks better this time at least.
Still contemplating if the money saved is worth the headache lol

#6 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Loyal Companions on Tecumseh, beside Branton Animal Hospital. I know the one groomer there, her and I used to hang out. She has two standard poodles that she agility trains and grooms herself, she does nice work on them. She even dyes the cream one different colours for different events. She was on here briefly, but I dont think she has time for it any more.

#7 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

I just cut my two today, i did an ok job.
But i have only used Petsmart ONCE, and never again

I always take mine to Val STewart in Aburg, she is cheap and great. Out of her back garage.. nobody can match her prices.
She even shaved down my Himalayan a few times ( that sounds funny, i think of the schticky..LOL )

#8 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Mine don't need cutting, just the bath and blow out which is tough to mess up...lol...I just don't want to do it anymore. Six towels and an hour to clean the bathroom, its worth it to pay someone else.

#9 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Charity, message me her info please! Thx

#10 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Charity, message me her info please! Thx

o tay :)

#11 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Mine don't need cutting, just the bath and blow out which is tough to mess up...lol...I just don't want to do it anymore. Six towels and an hour to clean the bathroom, its worth it to pay someone else.

ITA! It is one of the things I miss least since I have nearly quit showing! I'm lucky though because my dad has a dog tub set up at his house and I go there to bathe them for shows. Then they get "tossed out" into a freshly cleaned outdoor run to dry LOL.

#12 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I always take mine to Val STewart in Aburg, she is cheap and great. Out of her back garage.. nobody can match her prices.
She even shaved down my Himalayan a few times ( that sounds funny, i think of the schticky..LOL )

I like Val.

There is also Silkroad grooming just outside A'burg. Patty does grooming at her home also and has a room setup for it. HERE is her info. For anyone who wants it. I've known her for many, many years. She is very good with dogs since she knows a lot about behaviour and training. And she does a great job grooming because she grooms her own (and others) for show. She does gorgeous pet clips.

#13 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

I like Val.

There is also Silkroad grooming just outside A'burg. Patty does grooming at her home also and has a room setup for it. HERE is her info. For anyone who wants it. I've known her for many, many years. She is very good with dogs since she knows a lot about behaviour and training. And she does a great job grooming because she grooms her own (and others) for show. She does gorgeous pet clips.

Silkroad is actually where I was thinking of going when the time comes, she is just around the corner from me. But I think I'd like to try this other lady too. Ours will be making frequent trips to the groomer!

#14 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Im going to bookmark this for future use. mine wont need a scrub until mid fall when the one blows her coat (ugh and ugh) and I wont be takling that tis year :)

#15 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

I like Val.

Silkroad is actually where I was thinking of going when the time comes, she is just around the corner from me. But I think I'd like to try this other lady too. Ours will be making frequent trips to the groomer!

I called them before and they wouldn't groom my golden retriever. They told me they only groom smaller dogs. I know you usually have big dogs, so thought I would mention that.