5 replies to this topic

#1 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

DS starts daycare soon and we still have to discuss details with them but they have said cloth diapers is fine.

At home, we use BG 3.0's with velcro / 4.0's with snaps with stay dry liners on top. I use a wipe solution that I pour on one tub of cloth wipes at a time. To make it easier and so no bacteria growing since DS is only going part time, I am sending a spray bottle for water and cloth wipes for them to spray as needed. We'll send the velcro diapers to make it simpler and wet bags.

Not sure if daycare will be willing to use the cloth stay dry liners on top and dump the poop or if I'll have to send disposable liners so they can just toss. I don't like the idea of a couple diapers full of poop coming home at the end of the day though - and if I have to put disposable liners in each diaper for daycare that will get a bit confusing and will add up. I don't expect them to rinse the diapers but hoping they can dump the big poop. Wondering other people's experience with daycares dealing with poopy diapers?

#2 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

My poop was dumped IF it was 'dumpable" if you KWIM LOL
That said- I never cared if they dumped it or not. I was most appreciative of them agreeing to CD, so I was more than willing to have a diaper full of poop at the end of the day to deal with. I wanted to make it as easy as I could for them.
I used BG's and I put a disposable liner in-- they were all stuffed and ready to go for them. They would just need to straighten out the sposie liner before putting the diaper on. But I find the disposables bunch up anyways, so it wasn't always than helpful.

Edited by Lasergirl, 05 September 2012 - 08:51 AM.

#3 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

As a daycare provider I wouldn't mind (and do even with disposables anyway) dump poop when possible! Can't imagine they will have a problem with it however I am in my home with only 5 kids at the most so don't know if you were meaning a bigger daycare center or not. As far as a disposable liner vs. a cloth one I don't see what the difference would really be unless you want it really washed out and that probably won't happen here or there! Good luck!!

#4 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

I dumped poop for families that used disposables, but only if it was fairly solid. Sometimes it's too mushy, so if you want to be sure you don't have any poop in the diaper it'd be best to have a disposable liner and that way the poop will get flushed, unless it misses the liner. I would even sometimes try to get some of the mushy stuff off with some toilet paper, but if I had a really busy daycare day then I couldn't spend a bunch of time in the bathroom trying to get the mushier stuff off.

#5 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

I just had them bag it up & dealt with it at home.

#6 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

I was soooo lucky, my daycare did cloth as well.