7 replies to this topic

#1 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

With back to school in the fall some of you have kids now that attend full time. Have you decided to start looking for a job now? How is job hunting going? Was is a hard decision to start looking?

Edited by tabbs, 18 September 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Been looking since school started. I took the summer off after the clinic closing and knew I'd need to go out looking. So far, 1 interview but, nothing else. I've only done on-line searches and apps so far. I keep hoping I can get something that is at least seasonal.

#3 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

I would hand deliver resumes, and if possible talk with the person hiring! Anything to help yourself stand out!

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

I've been actively searching since April and not finding anything :( Just started applying to seasonal as they are posted and hoping I find something soon.

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

have been looking for a year. I am hoping with school back in I will get more bites

#6 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I would hand deliver resumes, and if possible talk with the person hiring! Anything to help yourself stand out!

If only I had the money to put gas in my car lol.

There have been a few that I've applied to in person. Each time the person doing the hiring wasn't available. (even the one I called ahead to ask and they said he would be there) I am hoping to go out this week and do a "tour" with my resume. But, chances of catching the person doing the hiring at retail/customer service jobs is slim. But, there is no way I can afford to put gas in the car to run out 2-3 times a day.

#7 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

Would you consider Devonshire Mall? I'm thinking they might be starting to hire a lot of seasonal employees soon for the holiday season, and it would be a one stop shop!

Good luck! I hate, hate, hate this process! It's so stressful!

#8 Trea

Trea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

Would you consider Devonshire Mall? I'm thinking they might be starting to hire a lot of seasonal employees soon for the holiday season, and it would be a one stop shop!

Good luck! I hate, hate, hate this process! It's so stressful!

On my to-do list for this week along with Windsor Crossing. Just have to get up the ambition to call each store first and ask the name of the person in charge of personnel. lol