16 replies to this topic

#1 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

Member for almost 2 years

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

I am going to get my Full Licence In October. I would like to know exactly where they take you and what will be asked and how long it will take. What do I need to know. Your help is very much appreciated.

#2 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Are you taking the test in Windsor? If so they take you on the Expressway but the direction chosen depends on the instructor. I was directed to go west-bound until the Huron Church exit and we did the rest of the tests in a residential neighbourhood near there(3 point turn, emergency stop, etc). I've known people that had to go East though and they got off on the Jefferson exit and did the tests out that way. It took about a half hr. This Link tells you exactly what they will ask of you.

Eta: I took the test last April. :)

Edited by Claudia, 24 September 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#3 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Are you taking the test in Windsor? If so they take you on the Expressway but the direction chosen depends on the instructor. I was directed to go west-bound until the Huron Church exit and we did the rest of the tests in a residential neighbourhood near there(3 point turn, emergency stop, etc). I've known people that had to go East though and they got off on the Jefferson exit and did the tests out that way. It took about a half hr. This Link tells you exactly what they will ask of you.

Eta: I took the test last April. :)

Yes , Im taking the test in Windsor. And thank you.

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

It all really depends on your instructor and what kind of mood they're in that day. My expressway trip was on at dominion and off at dougall, I never even made off the on/off ramp. My entire test took 10 minutes. Make sure you're checking your mirrors and blind spots

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

Can't predict the actual route.. We did expressway, residential, parallel parking- regular parking.. In fact I may have had to back into the spot. Make sure you are comfortable with all those small things.

When I signed IN for the test the day of, the guy gave me a bit of advice.. Make sure you reach 100 on the on ramp before merging on the expressway, and check your mirrors A LOT and make it obvious. lol

I had a very nice examiner, I hope you get a nice one too! Good luck!

#6 destany

destany

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

i was on at dougall and off at dominion they took me in the residential areas behind dominion and made me 3 point turn parallel park and safe rd side stop make sure you signal for each turn on the 3 point turn as well as your parallel parking i also was told to get up to speed before the actual expressway (on the ramp) my test took 30 minutes and i was done all the above are right it depends on your instructor i completed mine in july i think .i never drove the expressway so i practiced for two days straight before the test lol good luck :)..........
oh yeah and when you are in park don't forget to use your emergency brake each time :)

Edited by destany, 25 September 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#7 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

wow - when i took mine- years ago- we never did expressway- but we did ouellette and then all the one ways.
good luck!!!

#8 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

wow - when i took mine- years ago- we never did expressway- but we did ouellette and then all the one ways.
good luck!!!

That's the G2 test now.

#9 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks Ladies... Anyone Else?

#10 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

I just did mine just under 2 years ago. I had the expressway one.

Good luck and I hope you don't get the b*tch girl I had at first. I knew before my car was on that I wouldn't pass just from her tone, and her criticizing how close I have to sit to the wheel.

#11 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

lol I think I had the same lady when I TOOK MY G2 THE first time. I was accused of cutting a guy off when he was letting me go haha she actually yelled at me .

#12 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:12 AM

Does that mean she failed you?

#13 destany

destany

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

how did you do?

#14 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I was sooooooooooooooo nervous. I could literally feel my heart beating in my chest. My body was trembling and I couldn't shake the feeling. Sitting there waiting for the Instructor to come out wasn't helping either. I hoped I wouldn't get the "dragon" girl and I didn't. PHEWF! However I did forget to turn my 4 ways on during emergency stop and I ended up dropping down to 88 on the highway cuz these 2 cars wouldn't let me merge over! The instructor told me to "speed up" so I did but after those 2 cars passed lol. I totally knew right then and there I failed :boredom: . We went back to the drivetest place and he told me to park anywhere so I did.. and he says. YOU PASSED! :yahoo OH thank you jesus! I never wanna do that again lol.

#15 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

cool good job

#16 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well you never HAVE to do it again! I remember that feeling so well, it's such a stressful experience! Congrats!

#17 destany

destany

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

yahoooo congrats girl you did it !!!!