12 replies to this topic

#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Has anyone done the hospital testing? Im freaking out a little. HR said med term (20), Word (20), Excel (25) and typing a doctors letter ( WPM). Its all done multiple choice or select. Not sure what to expect? Any tips?

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sorry, no input. But, good luck. Try to relax and it will go fine. All you can do is your best.

#3 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

I have no clue either, but tons of luck!!!! Do you have training in Word and Excel?

#4 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

I have no clue either, but tons of luck!!!! Do you have training in Word and Excel?

I do, but the thought of testing on these freaks me out. I have zero issues with Word, use it daily, Excel I use to use daily for work, but haven't in a few years. I know it, but Im a tad rusty.

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Well, it's a good sign they are testing you! Did you already have a preliminary interview? Which hospital, btw?

#6 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

I got in through a employment agency. Ive been resume bombing :) Would just love to pick someones brain who's been through the process to put my nervous brain at rest :)

#7 Stepmomof2

Stepmomof2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

I did it about a month ago, its all multiple choice and pretty easy as long as you have experience with those programs. There were a few questions that I found a bit confusing because of the wording but in general it was pretty straight forward. It only took me about 20min to complete all the tests. Good luck!!

#8 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Good Luck

#9 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

I did years ago but my testing was medical terminology. Multiple choice and timed.

#10 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

I did it about a month ago, its all multiple choice and pretty easy as long as you have experience with those programs. There were a few questions that I found a bit confusing because of the wording but in general it was pretty straight forward. It only took me about 20min to complete all the tests. Good luck!!

Thanks. It was the multiple choice thing that threw me. Ive never done multiple choice for excel/word, it seems odd. Im use to doing an assigned type of test for those programs. Im guessing Im just freaking out more than I should...lol

#11 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Test got cancelled :( Reschedule for next week sometime. They were having server issues. On the positive I was called for two more interviews today. Maybe my luck is changing :)

#12 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

hang in there and keep us posted!

#13 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hospital never called back even though I left a message and to add insult toinjury, both placement agencieswho had called to arrange an intrview said they would send pre-tests and neither has sent anything, nor have they returned my messages. so I had three calls for testing and intrviews and somehow ended up with none. I give up!