2 replies to this topic

#1 suejw

suejw

member since march 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

has anyone stayed at the Howard Johnson in Niagara Falls? Good? Bad?

#2 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

we stayed at motel 6 which was just a basic room. indoor pool was ok, water was cold and deep end was only 4 feet but i knew we wouldnt be at the motel much thats why we stayed there. I did notice the howard johnson as we were walking to cliffton hill and it is in a great spot. only thing we were concerned about was that its close to where everything happens so it might be a little noisy at night.
I stayed at a howard johnson in august of last year and it was honestly nothing to write home about. the internet didnt work and the desk was no help. the breakfast was ok but it was a cold breakfast type stuff and i would have rather went to have a buffet somewhere. I know this doesnt help for NF specifically but thought i'd let ya know how it went.

ETA: we were just at NF this weekend

Edited by single_mom, 17 October 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#3 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

We stayed there two years ago and loved it! The rooms were clean, the staff helpful and it was no more expensive then the other comfort in type motels. It was close to the hill which was nice to just be able to walk down to the falls for the fireworks and attractions and close to Denny's too. The pool was nice, warm and plenty big enough and it wasn't super crowded there so most times there was maybe one other family in the pool. They had a work out room too and the desk staff was great with helping us find places to see and do, maps etc