8 replies to this topic

#1 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

We are looking at taking Noah out today to do something fun, and were thinking of going to the pumpkin patch or something like that. Being from the city we don't venture out to the county too much, so Im not sure what's out there. Does anyone have any neat ideas that would peak the interest of a 3.5 year old??

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

dd who is 3 loves going for nature walks on the trails. We look for acorns and special colored leaves, rocks and she loves squirrels and birds. She loves going to Ojibway as she gets the chance to spot some deer!

#3 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

You can go to Thiessen's!! It's an apple orchard but they have a pumpkin patch for picking pumpkins too.

Here is an excerpt from their webpage:

Thiessen Orchards strives to provide a fun filled day for the entire family. We offer Pick Your Own Apples, hay rides in the orchard, and a pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkins. All ages can burn some energy in the haymow, a barn filled with straw containing 3 slides or get lost in our corn maze. Younger visitors can enjoy the bouncy castle, ride the barrel train and enjoy the sandbox and swing sets. Face painting is provided by Sunshine the clown. The Kountry Kitchen also serves delicious Sausage on a Bun, Jumbo Hot Dogs, Fresh Apple Cider(warm or cold), homemade apple pie, caramel apples, apple friters/muffins and much more. All of these wonderful items can be enjoyed in our picnic area.

There's also a 'haunted barn' which is new this year. It's toned down during the day for young ones. :)

ETA: There's that "Boo" place South of E.C. Row on Manning Rd too. There's pumpkins you can buy and a small spooky walk-through. There's also lots of great displays and nice backdrops for pictures.

Edited by Claudia, 21 October 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#4 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I've never been but I know the young kids go on field trips to Pepe's Pumpkins on Front Rd. in LaSalle. You'd be really close to Ojibway for a nature walk and there's a small conservation area just pay it called Petit Cote and it has a boardwalk and bird watching tower.

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I was told pepe's was not so great.. I've never been myself, though!

#6 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Pepe's is cute. It's not fantastic or anything but the kids have fun. They have the corn maze, hay rides, train ride, face painting, pick your own pumpkins etc. You have to pay for each of the activities but it's only a few dollars and you can pick and choose what you want to do. You're in and out fairly quickly but it's just the right amount of time for the kids :)

#7 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I was wanting to go to Thiessens, but was told that their apples were pretty picked over, and the selction was crappy, so we have avoided it. I may check it out on Tuesday with Noah since I am off that day. Thanks for the great ideas!

#8 Stepmomof2

Stepmomof2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Go to Mcleods farm, just off number 3 hwy. You can pick pumpkins, do a corn maze and treat yourself to fresh baked goods, our kids love our seasonal trip there :)

#9 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Go to Mcleods farm, just off number 3 hwy. You can pick pumpkins, do a corn maze and treat yourself to fresh baked goods, our kids love our seasonal trip there :)

Love Mcleods! We will be going this weekend. MGL on Manning Rd is also fun. They go all out decorating and have lots of pumpkins to choose from. Its also nice to take a drive through the country roads out that way. We went driving on Thursday to look at all the fall colours with dd and she loved it.