Photo

Mom2Mom Christmas Party Survey

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Mom2Mom Christmas Party Survey

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would your family be interested in attending the Mom2Mom Christmas party?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which day of the week would be more convenient for you to attend?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you prefer to see the party at:

Would you prefer:

Would you be interested in volunteering to help with the party? (just a question not a commitment)

Do your children like doing crafts at the party?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

We are starting the planning for our annual Mom2Mom Christmas party and would love your ideas and input. Over the next few days please answer our poll questions and feel free to post your ideas, concerns and comments.
Thanks

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

we talk alrighty :)

#3 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Id be willing to pay so much per family(lets say ten/15 bucks) and come an enjoy the day.I find science city although cool...I HATE!!!!!!!that its so big,and I spend 99% of my time there wiping sand off my kids or hunting them down.Im sorry we missed the halloween party due to our stupid furnace,but weve gone to both parties every year,for the past few years,and they are always fun!But a change of venue for the xmas one would be cool,and as much as I hate saying it...i hate potluck,and rather pay to eat something like a pasta or hot dog dinner :)

#4 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Id be willing to pay so much per family(lets say ten/15 bucks) and come an enjoy the day.I find science city although cool...I HATE!!!!!!!that its so big,and I spend 99% of my time there wiping sand off my kids or hunting them down.Im sorry we missed the halloween party due to our stupid furnace,but weve gone to both parties every year,for the past few years,and they are always fun!But a change of venue for the xmas one would be cool,and as much as I hate saying it...i hate potluck,and rather pay to eat something like a pasta or hot dog dinner :)

I agree with Lisa about Science City. As cool as it is it has been done. I found it hard to enjoy the time and talk with people since I was chasing dd around all over worrying about her getting lost. We ended up leaving early as well as ds was way to overwhelmed and started melting down. He did much better at the Halloween party

#5 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I agree with Lisa about Science City. As cool as it is it has been done. I found it hard to enjoy the time and talk with people since I was chasing dd around all over worrying about her getting lost. We ended up leaving early as well as ds was way to overwhelmed and started melting down. He did much better at the Halloween party

sam was so happy to have a older boy there, it made his day becuse he not a kid any more lolol

#6 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I agree. I don't think $2-$3/person is going to break anyone. If anything it's probably cheaper than your pot luck contribution.

#7 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I would like to perhaps suggest something like a Breakfast with Santa rather than a Christmas party. Perhaps a Knights of Columbus Hall or the local legion would be a good venue. I know my Dad is an active member of the Riverside Legion Branch. They have a kitchen and staff.

Breakfast with Santa has some advantages:

Less cranky kids since it's in the morning before the day has worn them out :p
Shift work families can try to opt for afternoon shifts to take their children
Breakfast foods (eggs, toast, pancakes, hashbrowns) are easier to coordinate and serve in bulk buffet style
Provides a more intimate atmosphere to sit and chat with other adults.
Children can still have stations for Christmas crafts, colouring, ornament decorating, games or songs etc.

I'd be willing to pay a small fee. I'd suggest tickets be sold in advance so that there is some commitment to attend. Altho things do come up(it has for us, numerous times, I think having a small fee ($3/child and $5/adult with family discounts) would compel people to attend unless absolutely impossible.

If we were to do a breakfast event I'd be quite interested in helping with organization as I feel I have a lot of ideas to offer for activities, crafts and venue etc.

Please contact me if this seems like an idea we can run with! :) I didn't vote above since this idea doesn't fit into the categories :p

We went to a breakfast with santa last year, they had Clarol for entertainment and a breakfast spread of pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, hashbrowns coffee and juice. Faith had a great time.

Edited by Ellivort, 04 November 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#8 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

I like Ellivorts breakfast idea.

#9 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

I think the breakfast thing is an awesome idea as long as it is not too early lol

#10 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

i like ellivorts idea :thumbsup

#11 Ellivort

Ellivort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

I wouldn't expect it to be like 7am lol but 8:00 or 9am.
ETA: time up to debate ofc :p

Edited by Ellivort, 05 November 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#12 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I like that idea too but even 8:00 or 9:00 is too early for us!! 10:00 would be better!

#13 Ellivort

Ellivort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Nice to see a few like the breakfast idea! :) Nice to change things up once in a while.

#14 Rebekah

Rebekah

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I like that idea too but even 8:00 or 9:00 is too early for us!! 10:00 would be better!

11 am would be even better. No morning people here. Too hectic!

#15 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

lol not morning people either...we could have brunch with Santa hehe

#16 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Yes!! Brunch sounds even better!!! lol :)

#17 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I like the brunch idea better too, if we do too early in the morning say 8am we'd have to leave our house at around 7 to even get there that means super cranky kids which is no fun at all! Breakfast foods would be cheap and easy enough to make and I have one of those buffet warmer things that has 3 different slots to keep things hot that I'd be willing to lend, I might even be able to get my hands on a few others as well. We would be willing to go depending on cost, things are very tight for us right now so if there was a family cost it'd be much more affordable for us then say $3/child $5 per adult

#18 Ellivort

Ellivort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Later in the morning works too, moving into brunch territory :p

Some menu ideas:

Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, bagels, muffins, donuts, cinnamon rolls, tea sandwiches, fruit and veggie platters, water, juice, tea and coffee

Activity ideas:
christimas crafting/colouring, cookie decoration, ornament making, face painting, write a letter to santa, pin the nose on rudolph, musical chairs

Venue suggestions:
K of C (i know my mom got a medium room for my baby shower 3 years ago for like 100$ - My aunt is a member)
Riverside Legion could always use community support, but i'm not sure one what the rental fees are

#19 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Later in the morning works too, moving into brunch territory :p

Some menu ideas:

Eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, bagels, muffins, donuts, cinnamon rolls, tea sandwiches, fruit and veggie platters, water, juice, tea and coffee

Activity ideas:
christimas crafting/colouring, cookie decoration, ornament making, face painting, write a letter to santa, pin the nose on rudolph, musical chairs

Venue suggestions:
K of C (i know my mom got a medium room for my baby shower 3 years ago for like 100$ - My aunt is a member)
Riverside Legion could always use community support, but i'm not sure one what the rental fees are

I love the breakfast/brunch idea. Thank you for the great ideas. I will look into the halls and see what they offer.

#20 Ellivort

Ellivort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

Great. My Dad is extremely active in the Riverside Branch of the Canadian Legion. If any help is needed to secure that vender he may be able to help us. Keep me posted, I'd love to help out this year! :)

#21 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Great. My Dad is extremely active in the Riverside Branch of the Canadian Legion. If any help is needed to secure that vender he may be able to help us. Keep me posted, I'd love to help out this year! Posted Image

I checked into this hall and unfortunately it is going to be $7 per person for food even for the little kids plus an additional charge for the room rental. I love the idea of having the food made for us but it looks like it is going to be out of our budget, even if we charge a small fee. :( I'm looking at a couple more options, either way I am going to book something tomorrow so we can start the sign up list.

#22 Rebekah

Rebekah

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Lisa, the puce rec center has room/gym rentals. Depending on the amount of kids that might be an option. Then it could be a brunch potluck.
I did ds's birthday with a room rental and brought my 3 crockpot buffet which kept things hot. I think I paid $60 for 4 hours for the room (1 hour to setup, 2 hours for the party and 1 hour cleanup). They have double room rentals too. They supplied the table/chairs.

#23 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Try the knights of Columbus. We had our stag and doe at one and it wasn't bad

#24 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Depending on how many people I could possible get the basement of my moms church but there would probably be about a max of 60ish people that would fit. There are cooking facilities there an rental might be around $100-$150

#25 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

What about the Scottish hall on Tecumseh rd?

#26 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

I tried the Scottish Club but they were booked, the K of C was supposed to send me a quote but never got back to me. I tried a lot of the banquet halls most wanted $10-$15 to do a breakfast. I ended up booking St. Pauls Church again, it is reasonable, lots of space, lots of parking, a large kitchen and a central location. We will be in the hall on the main floor where we had the Halloween party, it accommodates up to 120 people. I am getting a sign up/potluck list ready and will post it soon.

#27 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Lisa, the puce rec center has room/gym rentals. Depending on the amount of kids that might be an option. Then it could be a brunch potluck.
I did ds's birthday with a room rental and brought my 3 crockpot buffet which kept things hot. I think I paid $60 for 4 hours for the room (1 hour to setup, 2 hours for the party and 1 hour cleanup). They have double room rentals too. They supplied the table/chairs.

Thanks Rebekah, I had already booked the room but will keep this in mind for future events. That is a great price.

Reply to this topic