18 replies to this topic

#1 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Ever since the m2m crash and the new conversion to the new system the boards seem slow even dead. I don't find the new software as user friendly maybe that is just me but I find less smooth. I wonder if this is why or are people just busy from the holidays?? I used to be gone for a day and come back to pages and pages now I can be gone a week and come back to 4-5 posts. :( I hate to see this site get lost it was such a good resource back in the day...

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

It's been slow for quite sometime. Maybe 1-2 posts per day for at least the last 6 months

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I have noticed it too. Usually it is busier in the winter months. Quick people start some controversy threads LOL

#4 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I've noticed too. Many former mom2momers I've talked to said they have left because of drama or the amount of debates. Seriously, I have seen none of that for a long time now. We all play so nicely. :)

#5 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I've noticed that too. I usually stayed out of the drama-filled posts as I found them frustrating/annoying most of the time. Hopefully things pick up some time soon... but without the drama. :)

Edited by Claudia, 02 January 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#6 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

i am here,

#7 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

It isn't just you. A lot of memebers have decided to stay away. I think it is somewhat sad really. I hated the drama myself but, I just ignored it the best I could. If I didn't want to read a post or debate, I just didn't open it. I stay around because I think, "if i can help one person through something then I'm doing something good".

#8 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

well I couldn't agree more.  so let's get posting :D

#9 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Ever since the m2m crash and the new conversion to the new system the boards seem slow even dead. I don't find the new software as user friendly maybe that is just me but I find less smooth. I wonder if this is why or are people just busy from the holidays?? I used to be gone for a day and come back to pages and pages now I can be gone a week and come back to 4-5 posts. :( I hate to see this site get lost it was such a good resource back in the day...

I know many of you find the site not as user friendly since our upgrade, it does look different from the old format. It is unfortunate that these upgrades are necessary to keep our site secure. I will start a topic in Chitter Chatter where you can post if you have any questions about some of the new features and where you can share some of the features that you like. Hopefully this will help you feel more comfortable with the new site.

#10 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

ok well maybe some things can be changed?? I noticed 1/2 the themes don't work and when changing themes you can't even see which ones are available it sjust an empty box to click on in different places. The big heads for users who have no pic posted is taking up a huge amount of my screen then there is the huge list at the top and bottom what is the point of

v Just some things I ahve noticed make the site slow and less smooth

#11 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I haven't noticed any problems. I just had to figure out that the recent content button was now at the top and that I had to click the last 24 hours if I wanted the same setting as the old one.

#12 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

ok well maybe some things can be changed?? I noticed 1/2 the themes don't work and when changing themes you can't even see which ones are available it sjust an empty box to click on in different places. The big heads for users who have no pic posted is taking up a huge amount of my screen then there is the huge list at the top and bottom what is the point of

v Just some things I ahve noticed make the site slow and less smooth

I have added some new themes, there aren't too many available yet since the software we are now using was just released last week. The old ones were not completely compatible so they have all been removed. The drop down menu for the themes should be visible now and from what I can see it seems to have taken care of the "Big Heads" too. Hoping this will help make the site a little more enjoyable.

#13 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thanks so much Lisa I appreciate you doing that and so quickly too! :D

#14 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Thanks for all your hard work Lisa!!  I have to be honest- i too was frustrated with being "stuck" out for a while and then getting in but it being "new".  I do like that we have options though -  Looking forward to finding new things out :D

#15 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I have to admit, I think one of the biggest issues is that admin got lax on their expectations from the moderators.  We used to have to post a certain amount of new topics throughout the month, as part of our responsibilities, and now no one is monitoring that to ensure we are keeping up.  No mod logs, etc.  Some forums haven't had any posts in MONTHS!  I am guilty of not posting in my forums as well.

I used to think it was tedious and sometimes hard to find new topics to discuss, but it kept the interest up, and the lack of new topics is really taking it's toll.  I think if we want m2m to survive, we need to go back to how it used to be.  Why would people come back here if they only see a few new things a week?  IF that!

ETA: The debate forum, at a time one of the MOST popular forums, hasn't received a new post since August!!  Summer time!

Edited by Jill, 04 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#16 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

the new interface isn't very user friendly IMO which is most of the reason i've been staying away. There are other forums out there with much better interfaces that i like more. 

Jill is right, a good debate or controversial topic always boots traffic. =P

#17 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

This is the first time Ive been on since it was hacked.  When did that happen? October? November?  My reason for staying away:  My computer got a virus when I tried to log on that one dreadful day!  Pi$$ed me off so I vowed to never come back.  Never say never tho.... ;)

#18 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm still here, I check a few times a day but there is rarely anything new so I tend to stick with other forums.

#19 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I still check it out in here, but for the most part, I just ask the questions on FB since I have lots of m2mers on it.

But I miss this forum! Let's get 'er going again!