#1 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Who has seen it?

I took my oldest daughter who is 11 on Boxing Day, just the 2 of us. What an amazing movie! Best I have been to in ages, funny, after awhile you just dont even notice the dialogue is sung in entirity.

#2 Ali

Ali

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

My daughter who is 13 and I seen it...fabulous!!  I have a copy of the soundtrack that we listen to all the time too.  :)  I had just read the book not too long ago so I was dying to see it.  Really did it justice.

#3 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I went to see it a couple weeks ago... LOVED IT!

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Can't wait to see it!

#5 Roz

Roz

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I saw it during the holidays and LOVED it!  I'm driving the kids crazy with my rendition of "I Dreamed a Dream" LOL!

#6 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Roz if there was a like button here I would have clicked on it lol.... My daughter likes to sing the song at the end of the movie too!!
man.. talk about an edge of your seat full emotion on movie!

#7 theresab

theresab

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

DH and I took both girls to see this....it was fabulous!! My on DD and I were blubbering babies by the end of it....DD #2 and DH not so much. Theatre Alive will be brining this to the stage in the fall of this year. I can't wait to see it, DD is auditioning for the roles of the older Cosette and Eponine. She will be happy to get a chorus role, just to be involved in something like this.

#8 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Loved this movie!! I went with my mom and two sisters and we were all puddles!! I think we were all singing the score for days on end!! We had the CDs of the play growing up, so the music was very familiar..

I kept singing "Who Am I.." Hehe

#9 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I'm very excited to see it with my mother and sister. My mother took each of us to see the production when we were children, and we grew up listening to the soundtrack. I know nearly every word. I was listening to the original broadway soundtrack the other day and cried several times.

In the movie the actors sang their parts live, which is different than other musicals where they record in a studio and dub it over. That's what I've always hated about movie version of musicals, its so staged.

#10 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Exactly! It makes a big difference done this way!  I read somewhere Anne Hathaway has been nominated for some sort of award for her role as Fantine and it is well deserved!