4 replies to this topic

#1 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

How soon have you taken your puppy shopping at a pet store such as Petsmart?  I want to buy her a collar and i would like her with me to try it on to see if it fits. I would be holding her and not putting her on the floor.

We don't have a name for her yet. Here's a picture of her. She is a chihuahua

[attachment=10296:resized.jpg][attachment=10297:new puppy pics.jpg]

Edited by Lilacmom, 02 February 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I took mine as pups to fit collars and coats (lol), but carried them until they were fully vaccinated for obvious reasons.  Most pet retailers that allow pets are pretty clean.  I'm a huge fan of Pet Value.

Congrats.  What a cutie :)

#3 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Very cute. :)  I took mine when he was little too... probably by 10-12 weeks.

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Ditto what Vals said.

I also would not allow anyone to pet her. You never know what dog they last touched. I know how it can sound to say "sorry you can't pet the pup". Just point out the puppy should really not even be out because it is not protected from any diseases yet but, I needed to see if the collar would fit.

Personally I measure the neck of my dogs/pups if I need to buy a new collar for a dog I can't take out or don't want to for whatever reason. But, I am super protective of my puppies before they are vaccinated. (I even would change my clothes after work before seeing them, even if I'd only seen "healthy" dogs all day. If I had any sickies in the clinic I'd change in my garage, go to the laundry, put work clothes in wash then go shower before seeing pups!)

#5 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

She is adorable. I think if you carry her she should be fine. We took our dog (a lab) when she was about a year old on a leash and it was a disaster, she barked and growled at all of the other dogs and even though she was fully trained, she peed all over the floor within 2 minutes of being in the store. I'm surprised they didn't make me sign her up for obedience classes before we left the store. I was so embarrassed and never brought her again.