11 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

What is the most ridiculous or best reality t.v. show your have seen? Are the networks getting desperate for new material? Do you think most reality shows are real or scripted? Would your rather watch a drama or sitcom?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

only reality shows I am interested in are things like hoarders,intervention, first 48

#3 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I like Survivor, Amazing Race, and the music shows (Idol, X Factor, The Voice).  I am not a fan at all of the ones that glorify ridiculous things and make parents rich off their kids (Toddlers and Tiaras - watched 5 minutes of one episode and had to turn it off, that Honey Boo Boo child one, just ridiculous).

#4 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

I have a thing for trashy MTV reality Tv. 16 & Pregnant, Teen Mom, Teen Mom 2, Buckwild, Catfish & Jwow & Snooki are all on my watch list. 
then you have "I'm having their baby", "The baby wait", intervention, first 48, etc. 

#5 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm not a fan of reality tv, I miss when tv was comprised of unending amounts of sitcoms and dramas.

#6 contentlife

contentlife

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Reality shows - I like the shows like Dragon's Den.  I (duck head) watch the Bachelor and I think it is stupid.  It is the only thing that gets me out of real life.  This may be my last one though because all they are is drama.  Stupid.  

It depends on what mood I am in if I watch a drama or a sitcom.  I rarely watch TV though.

#7 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

My tastes are very similar to Justsamma. I like MTV: Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant, and especially Cat Fish. Also Intervention, Hoarders, What Not to Wear, Shark Tank, The Voice & A.Idol. I don't watch any show religiously though, I just catch it when I can. I don't watch much tv, but when I do it is generally reality tv of some sort.

#8 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

I love reality tv, but only certain kinds. Long Island Medium, American Idol, The Voice, Say Yes to the Dress, Rich Bride Poor Bride, Till Debt Do Us Part. Real stuff I guess, I hate stuff like the bachelor cuz they're so stupid they make me mad lol

#9 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm not a fan of reality tv, I miss when tv was comprised of unending amounts of sitcoms and dramas.

I miss a lot of the sitcoms too. When it comes to reality t.v. I like the shows that can be useful in your own life like Til Debt Do Us Part, Extreme Couponing, home improvement/decorating shows. I am not interested in stuff like Survivor, The Bachelor, Big Brother etc. I find that a lot of the new shows have stupid themes or are really far fetched.

#10 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

I enjoyed The Amazing Race, but haven't watched it in over a year.

I don't know if you would consider this reality TV, but I enjoyed the shows like While You Were Out, Clean House (but I don't enjoy watching Hoarders), Extreme Makover Home Edition, that type.

Otherwise, I don't watch it.  There are a few that I cannot understand WHY they are on TV and that is the WHOLE Kardashian Family ! ! !  Just don't understand it.

#11 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Oh, I forgot Property Brothers.  I love how they take a really run-down place and make it look amazing.

#12 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

I like the MTV stuff too.. Love my pvr because I can tape all the shows I like and watch then when I have the time!