Photo

has anyone been to pigeon forge tenessee or nashville?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

We are thinking about going to pigeon forge tenessee in oct. and I was wondering if any one has been there and has any advice?  Have you ever rented a cabin there?

Edited by momof3boys, 10 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#2 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Anyone?

#3 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm not much help here, but we did about 20 years ago. We just rented a motel. I recommend Dollywood and Dixie Stampede. You won't be disappointed.

#4 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ok thak you!

#5 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

We went with my grandparents when I was like 10. We stayed at deer ridge resort And went to dolly wood. Other than that I don't remember much.

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I was going to say I have been but I was like 5 yr sold at the time lol

#7 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Yep, love it. Went every year from the time I was 10-18 =) can't wait til I can bring the girls.

I'll type more later, just packing up our hotel in Ottawa right now.

#8 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Do you know or have a preference for a certain hotel that is clean and at a good price?

#9 Karen

Karen

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Hubby and I went several years ago for our honeymoon.  We stayed in a great log cabin resort called Country Pines Log Home Resort.  We were about 10 minutes down the road from Dollywood.  Here is the link http://www.countrypi...cation-rentals/ The whole area was beautiful.  We had a lot of fun and there are a ton of "touristy" things to do or you can just do some hiking in the mountains.  From our experience, I'd say that you should be prepared to spend a lot of $$.  The cost of food and entertainment was similar to Niagara Falls (EXPENSIVE) but you won't run out of things to do.

Edited by Karen, 13 March 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#10 Jennrz

Jennrz

Jennrz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

We go to Pigeon Forge every year. I have been at least 20 times! We always stay in cabins, but if you are wanting to cut costs, hotels are cheaper. It depends on what you are going for. There are so many things to do and so much money to be spent! We stay in cabins and buy some groceries. If you are going the cabin route I would highly recommend Hidden Mountain East Resorts. We have stayed at other rental companies and no one comes close when it comes to cleanliness and bug/pest control! But for hotels there are hundreds! Here is a great interactive streetview map that will show you all the attractions and hotels and restaurants etc.. 
http://www.mypigeonforge.com/map/

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask! If you want trail/hike suggestions let me know too. Oh and be warned that traffic is VERY high in October due to the colours.

#11 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

It's for our 25th Anniversary in October.  We were looking at cabins and I will definately check out the hidden mountain resorts and yours too Karen..  thanks so much for the info everyone!  

Edited by momof3boys, 13 March 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#12 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Well, I don't know if anyone saw that alot of those cabins were burnt down Sunday! I guess that idea is out! I feel so bad for all those involved :(

#13 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Been there about 10 yrs ago, there is SOOOOOO much to do, so many hotels, you can find coupon books all over, and a lot of discount rates. If you can trust finding one once you get there. We stayed at one on the strip, it was nice, cheap and had a crazy heart shaped hot tub in the room. ;)

My DH just went to ride the tail of the dragon ( group on motorcycles) i can try to get info from him, but i know it was reasonable. He also had a site to rent houses, cottages, etc...