#1 A Mother's Blessing

A Mother's Blessing

Educating Families One Pregnancy at a Time

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hello my name is Janine.  

I am32 years old and a wife, mother to 5 children 15, 10, 8, 5, and 3 and step mother to 3 children 13, 10 and 7.  I have 3 children with ADHD and one with ADD, and 2 of those children also have OCD.  My step son is believed to have NLPD and PDD-NOS. I am a Antenatal/Birth and Postpartum Doula, I am working toward my certification as a Childbirth Educator and Breastfeeding Counsellor, I voluntarily provide support to women who have suffered from pregnancy or infant loss and women and their families suffering through Perinatal Mood Disorders.  I have a certificate in Foundations in Hypnotherapy and Hypnosis and Childbirth, I will be attending a course in June to become a Certified Hypnobirthing Practitioner.  Aside from my studies, volunteer work, duties as a Mother and Wife, and educating myself on my children's special needs, I sleep shower and eat once or twice a day  :)  I am busy, but that is what keeps me out of trouble.  I love what I do! I love getting involved in the community when I can and helping to build women, mothers, fathers, parents & families self esteem, confidence as parents and giving them hope when there is nobody else to offer it to them.  I take my children out on cold days to hand out gloves, hot chocolate and/or coffee to people at the downtown outdoor skating rink or outside in the downtown  who look less fortunate and cold.  My goal as a Mother is to raise my children to be loving, caring, giving, understanding individuals.  I try to teach them that education and a career is very important but respecting and cherishing humanity is the key to true success.  In the summer however, I do take my children camping, fishing, boating, to the beach and for walks by the river or the park to play, we love Jack Miners Bird Sanctuary and Collisantis and my husband and I rollerblade, bicycle or walk down by the river every night.  That is the extent of my extra curricular life.  I look forward to meeting other parents through mom2mom.

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Welcome to Mom2Mom!!

#3 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Welcome to Mom2Mom and Awesome job as a "Special" Mom ! ! !  I am a Special Mom too with two boys (16 and 14) who both are ADHD/Asperger's (and a bunch of other diagnosis). We moved from Detroit to Green Bay 2 years ago, but Mom2Mom is stuck with me ! ! ! ! 

#4 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

welcome ! I am also a mother to a child with PDD-NOS

#5 A Mother's Blessing

A Mother's Blessing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Thank You for you welcomes.  I am very excited to become a part of your community.  I look forward to learning from you all and building relationships with some as well.

#6 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Welcome to the site!

#7 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Welcome to Mom2Mom!!

#8 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Welcome to m2m!

#9 BRMomOf3

BRMomOf3

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

welcome to m2m, a awesome place to come to.

#10 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hello and welcome

#11 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

I am very excited to announce that Janine will be doing some articles for our e-newsletter. Her first article will be about Postpartum Depression on April 15. I would like to thank Janine for sharing her knowledge and experiences with us. We are very happy to have you join our community.

#12 A Mother's Blessing

A Mother's Blessing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thank you for the welcome, the kind words and the awesome opportunity to be able to share important information to families.  My hope is that it will reach many families in need and prevent tragic yet treatable and/or avoidable problems in their lives.  Again, Thank You so much, for giving myself and families this opportunity. 

#13 wino

wino

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hi Janine

Welcome to the new world. I am interested in special education and how the music impact on their life.

Glad to meet you here