#1 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Tell me all about it.

Does it cost? Will cogeco charge me for usage? I don't know a thing about uploads/downloads usage amounts. I need details for a beginner

#2 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Contact Cogeco or look at your account online to see how much usage you are allowed. Cogeco doesn't have any unlimited plans that I know of, but you shouldn't need that much. How much you need will depend on how much you use it.

As far as Netflix, how do you plan on watching it? Just on your computer? I really liked being able to get shows on my phone, iPad or best of all on the TV. I hated having to go through the PS3 though to watch it. Once we got our wifi enabled TV it has a Netflix app built right it, so we can just watch it directly from the TV.

We did recently cancel our Netflix though. We just weren't watching it enough. It was worth the $8 (I think) per month, but not if you don't use it. It is billed monthly to your credit card. You can cancel and restart anytime with no extra fees. You should still be able to get a one month trial for free. As of now you can also share an account with a family member or friend as long as no more than 2 devices are watching it at the same time. That is supposed to be changing though. It is nice that if you start a show on one device you can finish watching from where you left off on another.

#3 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

$8/month. You get charged through cogeco only if you go over your monthly Internet usage

#4 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

I don't have a credit card. I'm planning on watching it on the tv but through the laptop hooked up to tv. I'm basically watching it for old tv series like 90210 or Heartland and maybe a movie or 2.

edit...

I did nt think it would accept my pre loaded card, but it did. I hope I never go over the limit now.

Edited by Lilacmom, 05 May 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#5 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

You can call Cogeco and they should be able to tell you if you have enough bandwidth to support something like Netflix based on your regular usage.

#6 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

With Cogeco you can monitor your usage on your online account. Just check in periodically to make sure you're on track.

#7 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

If you do go over your Cogeco band with, there is an extra cost (usually $50).

#8 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

We LOVE Netflix here! I did up my internet usage to 125 gbs, and we haven't gone over that and it's constantly on. We have the Canadian one on the computer and the American one on the Wii. DH uses it for the car shows and movies, C for the kids shows and I use it for endless tv shows lol. We don't pay for tv, just netflix and antenna.