11 replies to this topic

#1 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

Kids have been bugging to go camping but I want to be close to home incase they dont like sleeping in a tent lol

Just wondering people's experiences at the Windsor Campground

Edited by Kris, 19 July 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

I know some m2mers are seasonal there. I`ve never been but, I`ve heard decent reviews.

#3 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

We camped there because it's close to home. It's great place. Staff is super friendly. I just hated camping because I never got to rest. If my family would share in cooking, cleaning, chores without complaining, I would go back there.

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

We camped there because it's close to home. It's great place. Staff is super friendly. I just hated camping because I never got to rest. If my family would share in cooking, cleaning, chores without complaining, I would go back there.

I agree, camping is no vacation. It's like living in the 1800's.

#5 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Camping is AWESOME!! Allows one to get away from the hustle and bustle of "modern" life... some of us like getting away from the "modern crap"... but then again, I play in the SCA and live in the 1400's as often as I can ;) 

#6 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Since seeing this, I am thinking of maybe trying to get away for a weekend with the kids too... I grew up camping with my family, but sadly I've not yet taken my kids out and they've never camped. We use tents and as are basic as we can possibly can be!! 

#7 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Camping is AWESOME!! Allows one to get away from the hustle and bustle of "modern" life... some of us like getting away from the "modern crap"... but then again, I play in the SCA and live in the 1400's as often as I can ;)

lol I was in the SCA for a long time as well :) I love camping. I amhoping to take this kids in a few weeks

#8 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have never been to that campground but have had good experiences at jellystone which is not far. We have also enjoyed Sturgeon Woods but I am unsure if they have an tent lots anymore...

I do find camping a lot of work- however I prep as much as I can (dry ingredients in baggy for pancakes, precook bacon so it just has to be heated and crisped a bit, premake salads, simple meat and meals so that once set up it isn't as much work and we can relax and have fun. It is also easier once you don't have a toddler LOL

#9 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

toddler is the exact reason why we haven't gone sooner lol. I was waiting for dd to be a bit older

#10 3momsin1

3momsin1

3momsin1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

• I work in the office and I am a seasonal camper at Windsor Campground.  I plan all the activities for the year, so if you have any questions you can pm me or call the office 519-735-3660.   We have a website that is up right now but will soon be changing to something new and much nicer.

#11 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

• I work in the office and I am a seasonal camper at Windsor Campground.  I plan all the activities for the year, so if you have any questions you can pm me or call the office 519-735-3660.   We have a website that is up right now but will soon be changing to something new and much nicer.

oh awesome! We have yet to make it out, things keep coming up. I was hoping to but we might have to wait until next year :(

#12 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

I do not like camping but my husband is taking my son there this weekend he is excited