13 replies to this topic

#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Its more like Ya No!!!!!!  HORRIBLE!!!!!!  Like that restaurant in an airport that no one wants to eat at but is forced to because it has the smallest line…lol  I wish I could have taken a picture of the food to show the sheer nastiness of it and it wasn't cheap either. 

#2 one_new_mom

one_new_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

That is too bad.  I was thinking of trying it....not anymore.  What did you order?  Was it just dry, or nasty tasting?

#3 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

Is that the new restaurant near Canadian Tire? My husband keeps saying he wants to try that one.

#4 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Really?? I had it a couple weeks ago and it was awesome! I had a chicken caesar wrap, drink and a side and it was $6.00 plus tax... How is that expensive?! What did you end up ordering? My MIL ordered the 2 piece chicken dinner with a side and a drink and it was around $8.00 I think.. It was less than $20 for the two of us to eat.

Sorry you had a horrible experience.

#5 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

Really?? I had it a couple weeks ago and it was awesome! I had a chicken caesar wrap, drink and a side and it was $6.00 plus tax... How is that expensive?! What did you end up ordering? My MIL ordered the 2 piece chicken dinner with a side and a drink and it was around $8.00 I think.. It was less than $20 for the two of us to eat.

I had the 2pc chicken and it was $10.99 I got one small, dry breast and a wing tip cut in half ( yes cut in half), box mashed potato that was inedible and what was suppse to be a salad that consisted of about 5 shreds of lettuce (less than what
I feed the rabbit). It was appalling! My s/o had a chicken wrap and it was dry and tasted over seasoed with curry powder and dd had some pita and chicken, which wa also dry. It cost as much as it would have for us to go to Swiss Chalet, which we should have, but my s/o wanted it try it. We assumed it would be a greek wrap place.

#6 Ali

Ali

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

We love love it there! Healthy choices. I love the bean and rice wrap, chicken caeser wrap is good too.

#7 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

Why was mine so gross????  Here is the website for anyone interested: http://www.yayas.com/menu.html  I don't find boxed mashed potato and dry rice a healthy option, I expect REAL food, not fake and make if a place is claiming to be a better option to fast food. I looked it up on line and its suppose to be famous for its moist, juicy chicken….I didn't get that.  

#8 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

My boyfriend and I went there on Saturday and LOVED it!!!!  We each had the shredded chicken wrap... I had a side salad, and he had the potato salad. With the fountain drink our total was $18... so $9 each.... The wraps were whole wheat...  

We were both impressed with the portion sizes, and the freshness of the greens. The wraps had a great combination of flavour and texture with the crunchiness of the greens....  We were also really impressed that they don't even have any deep fryers! Nothing is soaked in oil!! 

I will certainly be going back again and will bring the kids :D

#9 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

I had the 2pc chicken and it was $10.99 I got one small, dry breast and a wing tip cut in half ( yes cut in half), box mashed potato that was inedible and what was suppse to be a salad that consisted of about 5 shreds of lettuce (less than what
I feed the rabbit). It was appalling! My s/o had a chicken wrap and it was dry and tasted over seasoed with curry powder and dd had some pita and chicken, which wa also dry. It cost as much as it would have for us to go to Swiss Chalet, which we should have, but my s/o wanted it try it. We assumed it would be a greek wrap place.

Sounds like you had a bad experience.. I have heard of lots of people going there, and not one complaint.. You are the first. Sound like maybe someone was not on their A game when they were cooking or whatever. My MIL had the salad and it was half of the plate. Did you not ask them to add more? If I have a bad exeperience I usually will try it again once more before I completely write them off...  The worker was obviously off that day, and while thats not an excuse, I hope people let them know if they weren't happy so they can improve their service.

#10 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm anxious to try it, but it sounds like you've all been to a different place than Vals!

#11 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm not the only one.  I was looking for reviews online and found mixed for the US locations.   This is for the Walker Rd: http://fridaydinnerclub.com/?p=193  and http://windsorite.ca...ssex-locations/  I guess it all comes down to individual taste. I won't lie, Im a bit of a picky eater.  I personally won't go back, I rather go across the street to RCSS and get a whole chicken, garden salad and fresh french loaf for under $20.

#12 boysrfun

boysrfun

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

I agree.. I got the two piece meal.. it was over $10 and one of the the chicken was tiny like a chicken wing.. and I just didn't like the taste, I ended up throwing most of it out. 

#13 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm not the only one.  I was looking for reviews online and found mixed for the US locations.   This is for the Walker Rd: http://fridaydinnerclub.com/?p=193  and http://windsorite.ca...ssex-locations/  I guess it all comes down to individual taste. I won't lie, Im a bit of a picky eater.  I personally won't go back, I rather go across the street to RCSS and get a whole chicken, garden salad and fresh french loaf for under $20.

I think, when the one in Essex opens, I'll likely give it a try.Though, like you, I am very picky about the food I eat. I have to have a reason to go back.

#14 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

My coworkers also went and had a very similar experience to Vals. They go out for lunch almost every Friday (I sometimes go) and said it was horrible. Dry chicken, tiny portions, and expensive. And believe me, we've been to tons of chicken restaurants. They said never again.