3 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Two New Brunswick brothers were asphyxiated by a python that escaped its cage, the RCMP says, citing preliminary autopsy results.Noah and Connor Barthe, ages 4 and 6, were found dead early Monday in a friend’s apartment in Campbellton, N.B.

Globe & Mail Article

http://www.theglobea...rticle13636297/

It's horrifying to think about the fear the 2 little boys must have felt as the snake squeezed them to death. Why on earth would anyone keep a 13ft long, 100 pound snake as a pet?

Do you think that exotic animals should be allowed as pets?

#2 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

This story doesn't pass the smell test. Ceiling collapses in another room and nobody wakes up? No screams from anyone even though these snakes typically bite first in order to anchor themselves to their prey? Some things just don't add up.

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

I have to agree. This story has too many questions left. How does a snake strangle two boys at once? If the snake went after one boy first why did the other boy not run or yell for help?

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

I also feel something is missing? I wake up when my cats jump around at night and that's not near as loud as something crashing though a ceiling and even if that did not wake the man, there is no way those boys wouldn't have woken up and made some sort of noise while this was happening IMO. Its cry sad. As for owning exotics, I've alway felt that some animals have mo business being pets and are best left in the care of zoos and wildlife refuges who are well educated in their needs and can properly care for them.