5 replies to this topic

#1 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

The current vet I have does not speak English very clear. With Roxy continually barking, it's difficult to understand him. Rivard and Clearwater have been tried, as well as ForestGlade in the past.

I'm looking for east Windsor and someone who speaks English as a main language and not pricey.

Edited by Lilacmom, 15 August 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Dr MacKenzie, who I used to work with, is now at Forest Glade and Tecumseh animal hospitals. He is awesome. Not sure how prices compare because I don't compare prices. I just want the best vet. He is the best in my opinion.

#3 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Dr MacKenzie, who I used to work with, is now at Forest Glade and Tecumseh animal hospitals. He is awesome. Not sure how prices compare because I don't compare prices. I just want the best vet. He is the best in my opinion.

I had a difference of opinion with him on how to treat our daschund several years ago. I never went back. I wanted chiropractic procedures done on her back. Dr. MacKenzie advised against it. He gave me a prescription for pain meds. The chiropractor in Essex fixed her back without the meds that he perscribed.

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

he isn't into things that are not scientifically proven. He has come around do some of them over the years because of research that has been brought to his attention. If anyone brings him actual research to say something works he will be all for it. 

He definitely doesn't believe in chiro though. He has a bad back himself and has read a lot of research about chrio vs. non-chiro approaches to human back pain. The research he read doesn't support the use of chiro. (basically you heal in the same amount of time).

He is also against the whole "chiro fixes everything" attitude many places that do it (human and animal) have.

I did tell him a lot about my experiences with Touch therapy and chiro in the past for dogs. He was very accepting of the fact I saw real results. I didn't change his mind completely but, I think he did get a little more accepting of the possibilities.

He can be stuck in his ways at times but, hand him research supporting your views and he will read it and learn!

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

We see dr khakra at Dougall Veterinary Hospital, but English is not his first language. We love him though, and his staff is fantastic as well. Very reasonable with prices and he legitimately cares.

#6 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

We see dr khakra at Dougall Veterinary Hospital, but English is not his first language. We love him though, and his staff is fantastic as well. Very reasonable with prices and he legitimately cares.

I agree with you. He is very caring and explains everything. Vals recommended him to me when our dog had pyometra a few months ago and was near death. He did her operation. He stayed after hours because he felt she needed more recovery time before she was sent home and made sure she was comfortable. He even gave us his home number in case we had any problems with her. His prices were very reasonable. I was very impressed with Dougall Vet Hospital and would recommend them highly.