12 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

How many cups of coffee do you drink per day? Do you cut yourself off after a certain time of day so it doesn't affect your sleep? Could you do without coffee?

I usually have 4-6 cups per day which some people consider to be a lot. I drink coffee right up until I go to bed and it doesn't bother me. In my world coffee time=5 minutes of relaxation  :coffee

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

I use to drink close to 10 cups a day, but actually started to reduce the amount of coffee I consume earlier this year and am now at around 2-3 cups are day.  I never found it affected my sleep and could easily have a cup before bed without issue.  I tried giving it up a few years ago for a health cleanse and the withdrawals were horrendous!!!!  I missed two days work because I had the worse migraine and upset stomach EVER!!!!!  I love coffee, so no reason to totally give it up :)

#3 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

I could (and do) drink coffee all day...  though I do try to cut back or limit myself because I really miss the *kick* that it used to give. But me without my coffee = dangerous!!!!  

Even my children (8 & 5) are telling me "mom, go get a coffee"... LOL!! 

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

I could (and do) drink coffee all day...  though I do try to cut back or limit myself because I really miss the *kick* that it used to give. But me without my coffee = dangerous!!!!  

Wait until your kids are older, when you get mad they will bring you coffee, so start practicing your angry face.

#5 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Wait until your kids are older, when you get mad they will bring you coffee, so start practicing your angry face.

LOL!!! 

"Making Mom's Coffee" will be a lesson soon to be taught in my home!! 

;)  

((yay for minions!!))   LOL

#6 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't drink coffee at all but hubby easily drinks 10 cups a day. 3XL from Tim's plus 3-4 at work and usually one or two at home.

#7 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

One. That is all. My BF doesn't drink any coffee anymore.

I bought a tassimo a few months ago (hate it btw). He used to make coffee before I got out of bed. I loved waking to the smell of coffee every morning LOL. Anyway, With a pot we had to make at least 4 cups. That was the only reason he drank it, it was there. I also would drink 1.5-2 cups. I would pour it when I got out of the shower and sip at it while I got ready then refill on my way out the door. Now I just make one cup. I don't need another full cup and I won't use another pod each morning just because I want to refill my half cup.

Sometimes on  a day off or weekend I'll have 2 cups but, often half the second one goes down the sink because I just can't finish it.

ETA....when I was in my 20s and early 30s I drank 5-7 cups a day. I could drink coffee after dinner and sleep. Now if I have one in the afternoon I'm up all night! (have I said lately getting old sucks!?)

Edited by Trea, 20 August 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#8 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

dh drinks a couple pots a day lol I drink about 3-4 cups. mostly in the mornings

#9 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

dh drinks a couple pots a day lol I drink about 3-4 cups. mostly in the mornings

A couple of pots a day...wow!!!

#10 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

I swear it is all he drinks! I am surprised he does not pee coffee hahaha

#11 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

I never used to drink coffee, but would drink tea a few times a week.  A while ago we got a Keurig and I started drinking coffee occasionally.  Dh drinks a cup a day usually and I drink 2-4 cups a week, usually only on a day when I want a little pick-me-up or if I'm going to be on a road trip.  I will usually make a coffee and put it in my Contigo mug from Costco and it stays very warm in there and I sip it until shortly after lunch.  I never make myself coffee at night because the one time I did I was laying in bed for hours trying to fall asleep.

#12 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I love coffee but I don't usually think to make it at home but when I go to my moms it is the first thing I do or when I go tovisit someone we normally pick up Tims I guess I use it more as asocial drink it doesn't affect my sleep in any which way

#13 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

This sounds like my house with DH. I bought a Bunn Home coffee pot because when we first got married we would go through a coffeepot a month because it would be on from the time he got up to the time he went to bed ~ YEP ~ he crashes right out too. But than again, it was this way at his Mother's house between 3 boys, the Father and the Mother .... Mr. Coffee didn't stand a chance - LOL ! ! !  Love my Bunn because I have hot water, coffee, etc ready in 3 minutes ! ! !  Which is great for snow days and getting the water ready for hot chocolate. I have never gotten into the flavored coffees, because I like to drink my coffee black with a couple of ice cubes.

I was a huge coffee drinker before I moved here, but without having a computer room to go to I have switched to Iced Tea.  Love me a McD's unsweetened ice tea. I have an "in" at the Local McD's because I do some of her computer work, so I have a supply of "free" drinks - yeah - which is perfect for when I head to the Library.

When ever a pot is done running through, I always switch the grounds over so that all we have to do is pour the water. My boys know how full to fill the water so that The Dad always has coffee - LOL