3 replies to this topic

#1 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Poor Roxy......at the vets at this moment getting sedated. She has this solid red bubble on her upper eyelid. She refused to let the dr. near her to look at it.
I hope this doesn't end up a costly day. So far 39 for exam and 55 for sedation. The dr. will be calling me around 2pm with info.

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hope she is o.k and recovers quickly.

#3 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Roxy is home now. Still a bit groggy. The vet gave her an antibiotic shot and some antibiotic cream for me to put on the eye 3 times a day. There is a scratch on the bump which we are hoping is the cause. If not, the vet said it could be a cyst or a tumer. So far the vet bill is at 208.11. Roxy is getting attention and pampered and loving it.

#4 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

Likely a cyst. I've seen them a lot. Sometimes they need to be removed, sometimes they go away (though not often). I had one dog years ago who had one we would express every month or so. She was very, very, very old with heart and kidney issues so there was no way to put her under to remove it. We would freeze the eye with drops then express (squeeze like a big zit) the cyst. Luckily she was a very patient girl. After about a year it didn't seem to get big enough to bother her anymore so we left it alone.  Some breeds seem to be more prone to them....yorkies, schnauzers, chihuahuas and cockers are the breeds I've seen them most.