6 replies to this topic

#1 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Does anyone go there? I can't find any ratings. Everytime I go there, I go right in with no waiting. I like the vet. He's very friendly, not pushy, and I can understand what he says. I'm just concerned because I don't see a lot of pet owners. When I call to make an appointment, he says come in right now.

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

He seemed "nice" when I went in to drop off a resume. But, like you say, he doesn't have much of a client base. He also has no "qualified" staff working for him. It is him and his wife. (at least he didn't a year ago. I haven't seen an ad from him so I assume he hasn't hired).

#3 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

He seemed "nice" when I went in to drop off a resume. But, like you say, he doesn't have much of a client base. He also has no "qualified" staff working for him. It is him and his wife. (at least he didn't a year ago. I haven't seen an ad from him so I assume he hasn't hired).

How does that work if he needs to do a surgery, or even just for general appointments, lab work, etc. That would put me off from going to him itself! 

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

I know a couple rescue groups who use this vet and really like him.  Very friendly, the clinic is clean and quit, although I too noticed no additional support staff when I stopped in to drop something off a few months back.

#5 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

How does that work if he needs to do a surgery, or even just for general appointments, lab work, etc. That would put me off from going to him itself! 

His wife does the job a vet assistant would do and some things a tech would do. For a lot of stuff he just does himself. There is no law that states a school taught tech or vet must preform certain procedures. For simple lab work, like reading a fecal, I often had co-op students doing them but, I always double checked them until I was 100% sure they would not miss anything. (and I'm not sure that ever happened lol with a co-op. A tech student yes, never a HS co-op). I'm not sure what equipment he has for surgical monitoring. He may rely on monitoring equipment with his wife as a back up. I was, for the most part, the equipment in clinics I worked at. I never totally relied on machines even when I had them though.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

Really, a lay person could be taught to do 90% of my job as a nurse, with on the job training, and be as efficient!

#7 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Really, a lay person could be taught to do 90% of my job as a nurse, with on the job training, and be as efficient!

I just don't like that he doesn't have help. It's a personal preference of mine!