6 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Tomorrow is October already. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Who do you buy for? Do you do a gift draw?

I have my grandkids done, they are always easy to shop for. I still have my kids and parents to get something for, I usually get a gift for each couple for the household or a gift certificate. 

#2 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I have started shopping for my two kids. I will probably only get them a few more things. They really need nothing and my son is just 3 and understands a bit, so we'll get them enough but not go overboard. I started shopping early because I'm on mat leave and wanted to space it out. I know what I'm getting for my parents because they are small household items that my mom requested. My in-laws are pretty well impossible to shop for, so who knows what we do for them. Otherwise I buy for my two brothers and my sister-in-law and their significant others. Usually one useful (gas, groceries, etc.) gift card or two smaller ones per couple. Really, I think they all need to move out of their parents' homes, so they have expendable income to buy whatever they want and I feel cash would be wasted and is not necessary. They can deal with useful gift cards. (A bit of a rant, no?) I'll get something small or a gift card for both of my grandparents. And I always put money in an account and buy just something small for my cousin who is my goddaughter. I think that's it, so it's not too much to think about really. I may even try to get some less expensive gift ideas from Pinterest this year since we're moving as well and my budget will be super small.

#3 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm half done! I hope to be done Christmas and Melanie's birthday by December 1st.

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Just about done the kids thanks to Costco! Kids and hubby are all we buy for these days and something small from the kids to their aunts

#5 teddybear

teddybear

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

We have just started to shop for the kids, we still have grandparents and great grandma along with 3 cousins. We used to buy something for our friends kids but there are just to many in our group now:)
I would like to be done by the end of November but that is wishful thinking!

#6 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

I haven't bought one gift yet...ugh!  every year I say we need to go ahead and shop early!!!!

#7 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

I mostly just have my own kids to shop for now, but I'm not going overboard this year.  They really don't need anything and they often get so much from everybody else that it gets overwhelming.

I also buy for my nieces and nephews and my great-nieces and nephews as well as my daycare children, but I have most of those gifts done.  I usually get a book for each of my daycare kiddos and this year I will do books for most of the other little ones in my family as well.

My mom told me she wants a specific set of dishes so that will be easy to shop for, so that just leaves the inlaws to figure out.  I might do a yummy gift basket from Costco online.  I live in an area with limited shopping options, so I do most of my shopping online nowadays.