4 replies to this topic

#1 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Looking to make a temporary move here, but I'm not familiar with the area.

The draw is that they have an indoor pool which will be good for the kids, should we need to stay through the winter.

Any info would be appreciated!     You can PM me if you don't want to post here,     Thanks!

In case you missed the subtitle, I'm looking for info on Thornberry Cree, near Jefferson and Tecumseh,

#2 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I lived on Thornberry about 10 years ago. We lived in one of the townhouses, they actually had quite a bit of space. I really liked it there. There is a public school and day care within a couple of blocks, it's close to a bus route, within walking distance to lots of stores. When we lived there it was very well kept but the pool was not open very often, it might be different now.

#3 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for that.   I will ask about the pool when I go see them.   I was specifically trying to find a place with a pool, to give the kids something to do through the winter months.

#4 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I believe my sister had a place there a few years back and it wasn't too bad!! Decent neighbourhood and close to a lot of things... I can't specifically recall any negatives she had about the area... ((other than some little old lady backing into her motorcycle knocking it over :p ))

#5 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

I grew up in that area loved it! Its close toevery thing and kid friendly lots ofparks and school across the street it is on a bus route too I would suggest it :)