5 replies to this topic

#1 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

What's your favorite holiday tradition? Has it always been a tradition or did youstart it on behalf of your kiddies?

I love making sugar cookies with my son and now daughter and let him decorate them for Santa he has a blast :) it's such asimple thing but its thelittle things that make this time of year so special and memorable.

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

We put up our tree dec1st all together
We do Santa cookies as well an gingerbread houses
Every year we get the kids a new pair of Christmas pjs for Christmas Eve

#3 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

We always have a family get together on Christmas eve and then on Christmas day we have even more family for a traditional Christmas dinner.

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

We have several family Xmas parties to attend every year, which is nice because some family you never get to see throughout the year.  We do holiday movie nights starting Dec 1st leading up to Christmas eve.  We have a great collection of Xmas movies now :)  Holiday pi's, elf on the shelf, baking goodies for daddys work and sending out cards to my family overseas are some of our traditions.  

#5 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

We have always had to go to my MIL's house on Christmas Day so we weren't able to start any traditions until we moved to Green Bay.

Now we have movie marathons, with bite-sized snacks, popcorn, and goodies. The first year was Tim Allen's Santa Clause movies, then Harry Potter. Will have the boys pick out a couple of ideas for this Christmas.

#6 babybumpkins

babybumpkins

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

We go and cut our christmas tree down and this year will b extra special because the weekend it opens will b my sons 1st bday:)