11 replies to this topic

#1 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Okay ~ First off, I have talked with Lisa and she doesn't have a problem with my being in charge of the Bake Sale.

However, just before the last Mom2Mom Sale I received several e-mails from a person(s) that indicated that I shouldn't be doing the Bake Sale. Their reasoning was that 1) I didn't even live in Windsor; 2) I am not an "active" member; and 3) I am only doing this because I am paid. There were other things, but I forgot.

I was informed by several Members (very vehemently) that the people who sent the e-mails are a$$holes and I shouldn't worry about them. But I do ... unfortunately ... I do.  Like I have talked with someone else, I could make $5,000 each Bake Sale and if I thought I could make $.01 more, than I think I failed ~ LOL

So, my question is:  Is there anyone who would like to be in charge of the Bake Sale (other than me) ? ! ?

By asking the question, I think I will feel better and IF I should get e-mails again, then I will know (in my heart) that they are a$$holes and just hit "delete"

Sorry if this offends or bothers anyone, but I just need to have Peace of Mind.

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

First of all, who's the piece of work that apparently isn't aware that you fly in from friggin Green Bay to VOLUNTEER?? If they're so on board with a local, maybe they should step up and give up their entire day?? We have enough troubles getting people to show up for 2 hour shifts let alone all day commitments. Ignore hateful people Stacy. Or tell them to step up or shut up.

#3 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

What she said. No one could possibly organize it and have it down pat like you do. Why would someone even think you get paid? And the fact that you're not local makes it that much more awesome. It's because you CARE and truly want to be there. It was hard enough to coordinate baking something to bring. I would not want to pull off running it!

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

I think it is disgusting that someone has the nerve to email you like that. I would like to know where they came up with that information which is all totally untrue. So if that person is reading this here are the facts.

1 Moosemom does not get paid to do the bake sale, she volunteers.

2 Moosemom pays her own way here and all of her expenses for every sale.
3 Moosemom is an active member

4 Moosemom is a very kind and caring person, because the members on this site have helped her in the past, running the bake sale is her way of giving back

5 I have never had anyone even inquire about running the bake sale, it is a huge job and a huge responsibility, as Mama2Gracie mentioned we can't very often even get a volunteer for a 2 hour shift so I don't foresee anyone stepping up to work for "FREE" to do several months of planning and running the bake sale, local or not.
6 Moosemom is 100% responsible for raising the funds which are used for the Mom2Mom Halloween & Christmas Parties, without her there would be no parties
Any other questions please ask, don't assume, I would be happy to answer with accurate information. The comments made in the emails were very hurtful to Stacy and the person(s) who wrote them should be ashamed of themselves. 

Stacy, I am sorry that you were hurt by this. You do a terrific job ALWAYS and I'm sure I speak for the majority here that you are very much appreciated and we all love you!!!

#5 suejw

suejw

member since march 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

I can't believe someone would email you garbage like that Stacey.  You have always done a great job with the bake sales.  Whether you are local or not shouldn't matter, you are volunteering your time to something that benefits everyone locally.  Continue to do the bake sales, and ignore the ignorant person who emailed you.  They should be ashamed of themselves for emailing such garbage to you.

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

We have other members who are not local should we click them out? That is a horrible ridiculous thing for someone to email you ! Obviously someone has too much free time if thy feel the need to complain about a bake sale and who runs it

#7 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Some people have no class!!! You do a fandamtastic job at the bake sale and I (as does my mum) look forward to stopping and chatting with you while we grab so yummy snacks. The jerks who emailed you need to mind their business and get a life!!!!!

#8 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Thank You EVERYONE for your wonderful words of support .... wasn't looking for that, just wanted it out there that this is not my job, but something I look forward to doing and have a blast doing. BUT if someone else wanted to be in Charge, I didn't want anyone to feel they couldn't offer.

I laughed at the first e-mail, but when they would come in one a day that is when my "doubting Thomas" came in the picture. I have always had problems with Members not accepting me because I "was from America" and didn't live in Canada. But what is the funniest thing is Mom2Mom started in the States. In fact, I met Elaine at a Mom2Mom Sale and that is how our friendship started. I think I was #4 to register when the first M2M website started over 12 years ago. So, I am very fond of this place <3 Besides, while I might not live in Canada, I am French Canadian with family in Saskatoon.

Thanks Again .... IF this should happen in Spring, I will just hit the Delete button and never mind what they say.

#9 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

We love you moose mom! You do an amazing job don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

#10 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

We love you moose mom! You do an amazing job don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

ITA!  You rock and I'm sad that I can't be there for m2m sales or to visit you at the bake sale anymore :(

#11 momof3boys

momof3boys

Member since March 2003

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

That is totally disgusting!

#12 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators