7 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

My daughter is expecting a baby in February so it's time to start planning her baby shower, any ideas for unique games that won't bore the guests to death? 

#2 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Mine was an open house drop in style, so I had a couple things going on while people were mingling and waiting to talk to me. The one everyone liked was two big boards that I had put pictures of my husband and I when we were growing up. People had to guess our ages and the person with the most correct won a prize.

#3 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

One of my favorite Games is Present Bingo. When the guests arrive they receive a Bingo card with a few squares filled in with items like bassinet ~ not items that people would buy. When the guest sit down, they finish filling the squares with items that they bought. This is also a great ice breaker in the people will ask others at their tables what they bought and they will try and remember items on the Registry. Then when she opens the gifts the guests cross off the square to make an Up/Down or Sideways Bingo.  The prizes are from the Dollar Store, like lotions, and are wrapped in tissue paper. The prizes are numbered, this way when a guest wins Bingo they pick a number and get that prize. It speeds things up so that they are not himming and hawing at the Prize table.

#4 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

OH ... I also have the cutest Baby Shower Thank You that guests get when they arrive. It is a Thank You for the baby and is worded like .... I am still painting my eyes and cheeks .... be sure to come and visit me, but give Mom and Dad some time to dress me .... I will e-mail it if you want me to.

#5 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

OH ... I also have the cutest Baby Shower Thank You that guests get when they arrive. It is a Thank You for the baby and is worded like .... I am still painting my eyes and cheeks .... be sure to come and visit me, but give Mom and Dad some time to dress me .... I will e-mail it if you want me to.

Yes please!!

#6 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Mine was an open house drop in style, so I had a couple things going on while people were mingling and waiting to talk to me. The one everyone liked was two big boards that I had put pictures of my husband and I when we were growing up. People had to guess our ages and the person with the most correct won a prize.

That's a cute idea

#7 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

I like the one when people drink out ofbaby bottles very entertaining! Lol and also putting different melted chocolate bars in diapers and you have toguess which chocolate bar is in the diaper keeps the guests laughing :)

#8 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

i am doing a last baby party 

mostly like the park in may 

so that older kids have something play one