7 replies to this topic

#1 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

A 9 year old boy was suspended for a week for saying Merry Christmas to his teacher. Are you offended when someone says Merry Christmas to you? Do you think this suspension is going to far, do you agree with saying "Merry Christmas"?

Read about the suspension at http://nolapdogmedia...mas-to-teacher/

#2 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

That article is actually fake :).

But to answer the question, no I am not. Nor would I be offended if someone said Happy Hannukkah or Happy Kwanzaa, etc.

#3 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Not at all. It doesn't matter if someone says Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas, or any other greeting from a religious or any holiday... I appreciate that someone has taken the time to send a positive greeting my way regardless of whether I celebrate or not. 

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'm more offended by those who are actually offended themselves by someone wishing them a "Merry Christmas". It's just gone to far. This country was founded by good Christian folk and therefore we have some traditions and saying with Christian influence. It's a festive, friendly and warm greeting and should be received as such. I still say it and try to remember to wish my friends who celebrate different faiths at this time of year an appropriate tiding.

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

The politically correct stuff has gone to far. I do not care how people greet me around the holidays it is all in the spirit of goodness. What does really upset me is the people who go around say in Canada we say merry christmas. Really? because there are no other belifs allowee here?!

#6 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

What does really upset me is the people who go around say in Canada we say merry christmas. Really? because there are no other belifs allowee here?!

I totally agree!!!

#7 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'm more offended by the right wing nut jobs who scream about being oppressed and "keeping christ in christmas"... hate to break it to them, but how about we keep the yule in yuletide ;)  I have family who jumps down my throat for being pagan and celebrating Yule. I also celebrate a secular christmas with my kids.... who the hell cares what you celebrate, or if you don't celebrate at all! If you take two seconds out of your busy day to extend well wishes to me in some fashion, I will show appreciation and wish you well in my manner too!! 

#8 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

No I'm more offended that it is even an issue!