8 replies to this topic

#1 Michaels Mommy

Michaels Mommy

New Kid on the Block

• Forum Administrator
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

What kinda things do you put in the stocking for your kids? I think the stocking can be more expensive than the actual gifts! I just load them up with dollar store stuff mostly but you see adverisments for gift cards etc for stockings... is this what I have tolook forward to as my munchkins grow up or is the dollar store always going tomake them smile.... I know it makes me smile lol

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

My 4 year old is getting nail polish, a toy microphone thingy, a small pocket sized stuffed taggy owl my friend made, a tinkerbell necklace and some candy. My 5 month old is getting a matching owl to his sisters (hers is pink and green, his is brown and green), some onsies, a football taggy toy, some slippers

#3 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Here Santa doesn't do gift cards or clothing. For stocking I try to get one small gift then I wrap a candy or chocolate also. 2 wrapped "gifts", a few chocolates I buy at Bulk barn 1 medium sized Santa and 2 candy canes.

This year I bought T a soft cover book I plan on rolling up to wrap and put in the stocking.

#4 LisaP

LisaP

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

I always tried to get a couple of bulky items for the stockings to help fill them up. I usually shop the dollar stores. I try to get a few necessity things like a toothbrush, body wash, chap stick etc.

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

usualkly just some candy and chocolates and one small toy

#6 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

The stocking is where I put the candy. But this year with The Ben aka Terror-Mix of a puppy, the stocking stuffers will be under the tree. Which is sitting on our dining room table for its own safety ! ! !

A few times, I did find at the Target stocking stuffer section some mini-Legos. I might head to that aisle again.

#7 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

C is getting nail polish, hair bands, one direction tattoos and candy.

M is getting sock, stuffed animals, some bath toys.

#8 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

For the kids I usually do a small toy or a book (or both).  This year it will be books, but in the past it was sometimes a mini playmobil or lego set or some other small toy.  Dh usually gets chocolate and a gift card for Timmmies or something similar in his stocking.

#9 suejw

suejw

member since march 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

I usually buy a pack of socks, pack of underwear and wrap them all individually to fill up the stocking, and then some candies and tape, pencils, little dollar store items.